• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    How about being a con artist?

you mean, like british HW?

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
      But a police officer is trained to deal with crime. This old faaka had been robbed a couple of times previously, just been assaulted and was probably not in the right frame of mind.
      True. Nobody is in the right frame of mind in a heated situation.

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      None of what you posted resemble piggy's point though. He brought cops into this discussion and actually tried to compare a trained officer to an 80 yo civilian victim, (until he whipped out the dirty harry).
      Yes, but the fact remains, the intruder was shot in the back twice while fleeing. Cop or civilian, you can't shoot someone running away from you in the back.

Let me just clarify, I have no sympathy for the lady that was killed in this case. She got what she deserved. I can't say that I wouldn't have done the same thing if I was the old man. Hope they choose not to charge him.
      Last edited by -The Glove-; 07-26-2014, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post

Yes, but the fact remains, the intruder was shot in the back twice while fleeing. Cop or civilian, you can't shoot someone running away from you in the back.
        Shooting them in the back would make it more difficult to prove self defense, but not necessarily impossible

80 year old man against two thugs that weren't there for any good

like I posted before,
        he's still living because he's had a firearm he would've been dead if he didn't

you know the old saying:

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

it sounds like there are acts of premeditation involved with the killing.

i don't htink that he'll get charged with murder 1, but i can see this guy getting some jail time. at the veyr least, he'll end up in court.

he has a lot of things going for him. it was ahome invasion, and most states are very serious about protecting your rights to defense when you're in your home. he'a 80 years old, and has no other real means of defending himself.

still, when you chase somebody down and shoot them in the back, it's going to get looked at. he even said himself that the woman was killed because "she couldn't run as fast as the other guy." that's awfully incriminating.

Comment

Originally posted by -jose- View Post
            Shooting them in the back would make it more difficult to prove self defense, but not necessarily impossible

80 year old man against two thugs that weren't there for any good

like I posted before,
            he's still living because he's had a firearm he would've been dead if he didn't

you know the old saying:

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
            You're right...he may have been beaten to death if he didn't have a gun. Where it doesn't look too good though is where he admits (according to a CNN article) that the lady was in the alley fleeing when he shot her.
            Last edited by -The Glove-; 07-26-2014, 09:40 AM.

Comment

california isn't a gun nut state.

my guess is that the old man dies in prison.

Comment

He was well within his human rights.

And Im just glad she wasnt BLACK which would have complicated things even more.

Black people would have been all over this like white on rice.
                Last edited by George Orwell; 07-26-2014, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
                  You're right...he may have been beaten to death if he didn't have a gun. Where it doesn't look too good though is where he admits (according to a CNN article) that the lady was in the alley fleeing when he shot her.
                  Once you burglarize and invade someone elses private property, assault them, then ALL BETS ARE OFF.

You have violated the rights of another person and therefore relinquished your own rights.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    california isn't a gun nut state.

my guess is that the old man dies in prison.
                    Let's hope not. Average law abiding citizens should not be punished. Criminals should.

Too bad liberals have it backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by George Orwell View Post
                      Let's hope not. Average law abiding citizens should not be punished. Criminals should.

Too bad liberals have it backwards.

he followed her outside and shot her. can we follow criminals home and kill them, now? how about wait a year and get revenge? wait for a criminal to get out of jail and shoot him? it's a very slippery slope. at some point, a person stops defending himself, and becomes a murderer.

the law in california stipulates that there needs to be immediate danger. it doesn't appear at all that that's the case.

this guy will die in jail.

as for me being a liberal, it's good to know that you never read my posts. i'm registered as an independent, but i no longer vote. my views on fiscal policy are generally conservative. i vote all over the place in terms of social and political policy.

i am not a liberal. i'm not a conservative. i actually look at policies.
                      Last edited by New England; 07-26-2014, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X