Collapse
No announcement yet.

My top 5 NBA small forwards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With that said.....It's kinda hard to make a list of top anything with that way a lot of these position are blurred.

I say that because some if not all of these guys are just SF on paper (e.g. Lebron is more of a point forward)

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      Lebron
      Durant
      Carmelo
      Parsons
      George
      How is Parsons better than Leonard?

Comment

Batum
        Parsons
        Durant
        Carmelo
        George

Comment

Lebron
          Durant
          Carmelo
          Parsons
          George
          Wow, you think Parsons is better than Paul George? I like Parsons but George is a much more complete player.

Comment

Kobe Bryant
            Paul George
            Khawi Leonard
            Nick Young
            Paul Pierce

Comment

Lebron
              Durant
              Carmelo
              Parsons
              George

Comment

Leonard doesn't deserve it yet......he had a great finals run but that's it. He still only averaged like 11-12 a game during the season.

Expectations are going to be way way way too high for him after his finals run. He won't be able to duplicate that for an entire year.
                His numbers don't show the full impact he makes, he only averaged 29 MPG last year while putting up 13 PPG, 6 RPG, 2 SPG, while shooting 52% from the field and 38% from 3. Keep in mind Pop doesn't call any plays for him, he's basically free styling out there, he rarely gets a screen to free him up.

That's including his elite defense, something KD/Melo/Parsons don't play. You can match him up with with positions 1-4, bigs to PG's.

He started off this season really slow as he was injured the entire off season (which really affected his game and development). Spurs were 32-10 with him healthy to start off the season, he went out with a broken hand and they go 8-6, the 1st game he comes back he leads them on a 19 game winning streak.
                Last edited by Cutthroat; 07-25-2014, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Btw, Leonard is really held back by Pop playing 2 centers in Splitter/Duncan, they both really clog the paint which severely limits his ability to drive. Remember, KL doesn't get plays called for him, so if bigs are clogging the paint he's got to adapt and shoot a jumper.

The reason Leonard was able to get his offense in the Finals was because Pop finally started Diaw instead of Splitter, Diaw's 3pt shooting spaced the floor allowing Leonard to penetrate at will.

I think next year Pop will realize this, he'll run the proper lineups, and actually call plays for Leonard, I'm expecting big things from him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                    His numbers don't show the full impact he makes, he only averaged 29 MPG last year while putting up 13 PPG, 6 RPG, 2 SPG, while shooting 52% from the field and 38% from 3. Keep in mind Pop doesn't call any plays for him, he's basically free styling out there, he rarely gets a screen to free him up.

That's including his elite defense, something KD/Melo/Parsons don't play. You can match him up with with positions 1-4, bigs to PG's.

He started off this season really slow as he was injured the entire off season (which really affected his game and development). Spurs were 32-10 with him healthy to start off the season, he went out with a broken hand and they go 8-6, the 1st game he comes back he leads them on a 19 game winning streak.
                    Btw, Leonard is really held back by Pop playing 2 centers in Splitter/Duncan, they both really clog the paint which severely limits his ability to drive. Remember, KL doesn't get plays called for him, so if bigs are clogging the paint he's got to adapt and shoot a jumper.

The reason Leonard was able to get his offense in the Finals was because Pop finally started Diaw instead of Splitter, Diaw's 3pt shooting spaced the floor allowing Leonard to penetrate at will.

I think next year Pop will realize this, he'll run the proper lineups, and actually call plays for Leonard, I'm expecting big things from him.
                    Don't worry, Cutthroat, I think most sane NBA fans have him in their top 5 SFs list. There's almost no argument for him not to be.

Comment

Leonard is definitely top 5. Only nerds and people who have limited knowledge of basketball, look at stats as the sole determining factor of judging players.

Anybody who knows anything about basketball knows that there are things players do that don't show up on a stat sheet.

Not only does Leonard have the best defense at the forward position (well if you count Tony Allen, KL is at worst 2nd best) he is so efficient at what he does, doesn't turn the ball over and doesn't make a lot of mental mistakes.

Also, like I said earlier, he sacrifices a lot of his game to play within the spurs system. Winning is more important that individual accolades as guys like Leonard and Parker could easily put up over 25ppg if they go the great light these other players got.

Comment

Working...
                      X