Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LeBron signs a Team Friendly Contract of 2 years 42.1 million dollars with Cleveland

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeBron signs a Team Friendly Contract of 2 years 42.1 million dollars with Cleveland

As a cavs fan, I usually expect disappointment. I got disappointed when I read 2 Years, But then I read an article about the deal, And I had a sigh of relief. When LeBron Said this, He was talking out of his ass, Not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, not seven." That was in the moment.

He wouldn't have taken the time to put on paper what he did yesterday wasn't sincere. I believe he truly believes this Comment that he submitted to sports illustrated. "My relationship with Northeast Ohio is bigger than basketball. I didn’t realize that four years ago. I do now." That sounds like it is from the heart.

Here is the article that gave me a sigh of relief.
    http://fansided.com/2014/07/12/why-d...years/#!bdDI3j

Doubt it. I think it's more for 2016-17 when his max contract can be worth some BIG BUCKS. Cap might go up almost 20 million in 2 years.

Comment

It's not team friendly, it's Lebron friendly,, in 2 years there is a new tv deal for the nba which will raise the salary cap significantly.. Lebron gonna sign a huge long term max deal with cavs 2 years from now, or he can leave again if cav front office becomes a disaster

Comment

There is nothing wrong with LeBron doing that. He's worth significantly more to the NBA franchises. If the free market ruled, he would be raking in 50 mil a year easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hous View Post
          There is nothing wrong with LeBron doing that. He's worth significantly more to the NBA franchises. If the free market ruled, he would be raking in 50 mil a year easy.
          Lebron should get about 25% of the total nba revenue! which is about 1 billion dollars... That's how much revenue he generates for the league. No matter his contract size, he will always be underpaid..

Comment

No, it's Lebron friendly. The cap is going up in the enxt couple years to probably like 80M, and he's going to sign a huge deal at 31-32 for probably 4-5 years and a **** load of money.

Comment

Also, sounds like you're trying to convince yourself that if Cleveland has two years where they don't get to the finals in a row that Lebron wouldn't possibly re up somewhere else again....

Comment

LeBron will have no reason to leave Cleveland barring some personal problem which I don't think will happen.

People will want to play in Cleveland now to enhance their chances at winning. Just how the Heat were able to get top tier players sign up with them at deep discounts. I think that will follow LeBron. I think Cleveland will sign Love and will be a dominating team in the East for some time.

I don't think Miami will have the same draw that brought Ray Allen in. Wade will most certainly ask for more money on his contract since LeBron left. Miami can actually contend this season too if they can bring a good center in. Bosh can play PF again which is his bread and butter. I think he will surprise a lot of people, as will Miami as a whole because everyone is counting them out. Bosh was playing center and giving all the looks to his team when he played with Lebron. It was best for the circumstances, but Bosh is more than capable of taking the shots himself. The Heat should have put Bosh as PF with LeBron as SF and kept a true center. I think this would have spread the floor a lot and made them a better team.

Cleveland seems to know what they are doing by keeping Varejao as their starting center. That way if they pick up Love and he can actually play his better role (PF) rather than center. Then with Kyrie as PG and Waiters as SG you got a full starting lineup that is best at their roles.

Comment

Oh man, if the Heat could have got Gortat that would have made them a SERIOUS threat. He's totally underrated. I remember when he was with the Magic I was amazed how we had the best Center in the league but Gortat looked just as good when he had a chance to play.

Totally just a hypo but think about how LeBron leaving could leave a Heat team.

Center: Gortat (Staying with Suns) or Pau Gasol (Probably going to Chicago)
                  PF: Bosh
                  SG: Wade
                  PG: Nappier
                  SF: Granger

Holy **** that's a sick line up.

Comment

Just found out Andrew Bynum is a free agent. Wonder if Riley will take a risk on him. This could seriously be a genius move by the Heat if hes healthy.

Comment

Working...
                    X