Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crying in World Cup: Don't you find it OA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jas View Post

but its still great odds

porter is massive favourite in hardcore fans' eyes
    yeah, i expect him to obliterate porter..

Comment

Originally posted by RAV3N View Post
      Soccer is a high tension game and the fans are madly passionate about it.

In new zealand if they lose the rugby world cup the economy goes into a small recession.

I guess world cups only come around every 4 years so there is a lot riding on it, just like the olympics.

If you lose then its 4 years of hard work for nothing and in some sports you may only be able to get 2-3 chances in your life as an athlete.

Some sports mean so much more to certain countires and especially if they are good at it then they have very high expectations.
      That's what I don't get. You don't see basketball fans cry like soccer fans in FIBA.

Originally posted by lebrick View Post
      yeah, that's why tua loves him to death.. better edit your post or feel the wrath of that obese korean..
      Had him already in iggy too.

Comment

Originally posted by led View Post
        Show proof that Pinoys are in hysteria when Pacquiao lost. Only very few like Dionisia and Tua.
        Jinkee was in hysteria.

Comment

Had him already in iggy too.
          brilliant.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
            Jinkee was in hysteria.
            If you're Pac's wife you would too. Imagine if he doesn't buy you another mansion because of the loss.

Comment

That's what I don't get. You don't see basketball fans cry like soccer fans in FIBA.
              I have never heard of the FIBA world cup and im guessing not too many people around the world take too much notice of it.

The majority of countires in the world watch the soccer world cup, how many countries actually take notice and go crazy when the FIBA wc is on?

The world cup in soccer is the sport's pinnacle while I thought that the olympics is the more important competition to win in international basketball.

Also look at the soccer fans, they probably have the most passion, singing their own songs and stuff like that while other sports they clap and say the team name or offence and defence.

Just youtube liverpool and never walk alone, when they all sing together its crazy and inspiring.

No other sport really has that.

Im not a huge soccer fan but the tension in games are crazy, your team can absolutely dominate and still lose 0-1.

Its not the same in high scoring sports where if you dominate you will pretty much win.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
                I have no idea what it is that makes this sport have people humiliate themselves like that. Yes I know it means a lot to a lot of people but that doesn't make it any less stupid. Being from a country where people are great at maneuvering a ball into a netted rectangle is not something to have immense national pride over. A country's level of industry, education, scientific and medical inventions etc. Those are things worth being emotional and proud over.
                You think the general public are going to get together and sing, scream and cry over those things?

The passion i think is a big mix of different things. Football is dramatic and entertaining, and when your national side is playing in the world cup, it really makes people who normally are fans of opposing teams unite and support their country.
                People can let go and express themselves freely in a loud football stadium, and when in a large group emotions are heightened.
                Some may even see it as a metaphor for their lives. Especially in domestic leagues. A team may struggle through very bad times, but if you stick with them, keep the faith, you can really celebrate like crazy when they win something.

Good read here.
                http://www.sportsnetworker.com/2012/...them-so-crazy/

Comment

Show proof that Pinoys are in hysteria when Pacquiao lost. Only very few like Dionisia and Tua.

Owned

Fun starts at minute 1:Oh MA GAD HE'S DEAD!!!

Comment

Led is on full hate mode right now

Comment

If you've not got something in your life that you can get that passionate amount then you're missing out.

Comment

Working...
                      X