• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82 shot, 14 fatally, in Chiraq over weekend

Fourth of July weekend toll: 82 shot, 14 of them fatally, in Chicago

By Peter Nickeas Tribune reporter

10:39 a.m. CDT, July 7, 2014

For 10 minutes, it seemed like the shooting was everywhere in the South Chicago neighborhood.

It started when someone shot and wounded a couple, then two people fired at the shooter, then there was a chase and shots exchanged and a man sitting on a porch was hit. Responding officers kept cutting each other off on their radios as they reported other gunfire in the area late Sunday night and early Monday morning.

Then the heavy equipment rolled in: A helicopter and SUVs packed with lockers of rifles. SWAT teams in green coveralls patrolled the streets with uniformed officers.

It was just one of dozens of shooting scenes across Chicago over the long Fourth of July weekend. In all, at least 82 people were shot, 14 of them fatally, since Thursday afternoon when two woman were shot as they sat outside a two-flat within a block of Garfield Park.

Five of the people were shot by police over 36 hours on Friday and Saturday, including two boys 14 and 16 who were killed when they allegedly refused to drop their guns.

FULL ARTICLE HERE

you have got to be f#cking kidding me...

Comment

this country needs to completely overhaul its gun laws.

Comment

in b4 a punch of clueless gun nuts start screaming about me taking away "his guns."

your guns arent't eh problem. it's laws that allow other peopel to get guns so easily that are the problem. the only way to reduce the amount of gun violence in the country laterally is to place additional sanctions on everybody.

and yes, that means i'm taking "your guns."

Comment

Madness.
          Reminds me of Robocop.

If only there were more guns!

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            this country needs to completely overhaul its gun laws.
            Guns are not the problem, gangs are. These shootings are gang-related. Deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
              Guns are not the problem, gangs are. These shootings are gang-related. Deal with that.

i'm not denying that gangs are an aspect of the problem. poverty is the reason there are gangs. "deal with that," . you're such a f#cking tool.

it's too easy to get guns in this country.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                in b4 a punch of clueless gun nuts start screaming about me taking away "his guns."

your guns arent't eh problem. it's laws that allow other peopel to get guns so easily that are the problem. the only way to reduce the amount of gun violence in the country laterally is to place additional sanctions on everybody.

and yes, that means i'm taking "your guns."
                No, you're not. I will not be treated like a criminal because of the actions of others. If you get my guns, it will be with me lying in a pile of brass.

And Chicago has the strictest gun laws in the country. Lot of good they're doing.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
                  No, you're not. I will not be treated like a criminal because of the actions of others. If you get my guns, it will be with me lying in a pile of brass.

And Chicago has the strictest gun laws in the country. Lot of good they're doing.

they have strict gun laws because people use guns to f#cking kill eachother.

getting rid of the gun laws must be the solution, then.

are you f#cking stupid? let me rephraze, because i know you're f#cking ******ed. how stupid are you?

you're f#cking nuts, dude. you're going to ";eave a pile of brass" IE shoot police / law enforcement for taking your guns away?

you'll kill people to prevent people from killing other people?

you're f#cking nuts, man. you're nuts. something is wrong with you.

"leave a pile of brass."
                  you're a suck f#ck.

Comment

Wow...14 dead...I hope they are okay.

Comment

Working...
                    X