No announcement yet.

All This Talk About Soccer Becoming Huge On ESPN Is Disgusting Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yup this sums it up nicely,

the boxing equivalent of a "good" soccer match is having bernard hopkins and a clone of himself jab and spoil each other for 12 rounds in a 30-square-foot ring.

never understood how someone could go full ****** over such a mundane activity.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post

the boxing equivalent of a "good" soccer match is having bernard hopkins and a clone of himself jab and spoil each other for 12 rounds in a 30-square-foot ring.

never understood how someone could go full ****** over such a mundane activity.
      You went full ****** with this post matey

You probably thought usa vs belgium was a borefest

Comment

Originally posted by Da Machine Doe View Post
        I mean really?

"oh best ratings ever" (hmm guess you forgot we has similar ratings in 2010 vs Spain.

"oh soccer will be huge here soon" (ya let's see those MLS ratings.)

"oh soccer"(I ran out of things to say but I will continue below)

Listen the world cup is awesome and soccer can be fun.... But when and only when it brings out the nationalists in us. Like the Olympics. People love the Olympics.... Swimming, sprints, gymnaasts, and ice skating.... You couldn't find that **** on tv if you wanted to outside the Olympics. Just like you can't find the MLS on tv.

I don't have any problem with soccer becoming big. If it did it does, and the hype behind it might make it fun to watch. Soccer is not fun unless their is some meaning behind the game. Americans have really let nationalistic pride hit the wayside in the last couple of decades... So when we get a chance to get all nationalistic for a few weeks every couple of years, we take it.

MLS ratings will not improve. Soccer won't be picked up in all the colleges and high schools it doesn't exist in, and women will continue to play it at a high rate while no one watches.

Ratings will be huge in the world cup 4 years from now and this will all happen again.
        You are looking from a very small point of view. If you were to go back 100 years and tell Americans that an offshoot of rugby would be the biggest sport in America, they would call you crazy.

Baseball was king, it's called "Americas past time" for a reason. Well guess what, baseball is dying. Football, basketball, golf, nascar are all bigger than baseball.

The demographics of this country are changing, we are seeing more and more children of immigrants from Latin America and other parts of the world where soccer is king.

I think in 30-50 years, soccer could be one of the biggest sports in America. It's growing fast and like I said, the demographics of this nation is rapidly changing.

Comment

You have the likes of Obama.. Rhianna.. Tom Hanks etc going crazy and praising the US football team..

People are gonna take notice of that

Football will be the n1 sport in America within 20-30 years no doubt about it.. Football is on the up and up

Comment

they should allow knees and elbows in kickball to make it rougher, it wouldn't be so boring

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              It's growing, but it will be a long, long time before it has any hope of challenging any of our biggest sports. Only chance that door even opens is if the NFL keeps p*ssifyng itself and turns people away.
              i cannot picture any red blooded patriot saying "well **** these NFL p*ssies let me flip the channel to soccer."

that doesn't make a whole lot of sense...

Comment

Why are Yanks so insecure about their masculinity that they lose their **** if there isn't full man on man contact every 2 minutes in a sport?

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
                  i cannot picture any red blooded patriot saying "well **** these NFL p*ssies let me flip the channel to soccer."

that doesn't make a whole lot of sense...

more refs would eventually change the culture and solve this problem. the diving is a product of too large of a field for a single ref. they exaggerate because of it.

dirk knows it, and if you get him drunk he'll tell you so.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    Why are Yanks so insecure about their masculinity that they lose their **** if there isn't full man on man contact every 2 minutes in a sport?

defend diving in 500 words or less. i'll hear your case.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      defend diving in 500 words or less. i'll hear your case.
                      You really that stupid?

Comment

Working...
                      X