No announcement yet.

Story About My Casual Boxing Fan Buds..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
    I really do miss the days of boxing on basic television networks. I remember many years back my dad, who was a boxing fan during the 70s, saw me watching some card on HBO and was in total disbelief that boxing was now relegated to pay networks like Showtime and HBO.

If we had fights like Matthysse/Molina and Crawford/Gamboa on ABC this sport would blow the **** up all over again.

Remember when Oscar and company were talking about bringing fights back to basic cable networks years back? I got so ****ing excited. Whatever happened to that?
    Networks really don't want to deal with all the politics of boxing and all the black eyes..
    When I first started watching boxing most fights were in regular tv, and I witnessed it transform all to hbo/showtime and PPv..
    I don't think that regular networks wanna deal with bad decisions, and crappy paper champs, etc. they don't want manny-Bradley 1 or ear-biting, failed drug tests, etc.. With boxing have no real central authority, networks aren't going to get involed spending resources when boxing is such an unpredictable sport, and future fights are not guaranteed.. Manny-Floyd, Adonis-kovolev, ggg-serg, donaire-mares, etc networks aren't going to to invest without long term rewards..
    It's a shame that it's like that..

Honestly, when Floyd signed with showtime, I thought for sure that he would fight at least once on cbs, kinda like when Tyson was on fox in the 90s..

Comment

Working...
    X