The official conspiracy thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
    Framing his dust up as:

"You either believe everything the government tells you or you believe every hare-brained conspiracy fantasy concocted by borderline schizoid mental cases"

When the other poster was just making a general point about how governments lie.

Pig's sarcastic example is a false dichotomy. This is so because it is sarcastic only insofar as to ridicule. Yet, Pig is serious enough in his labeling of 'conspiracy theories' as such.

The thing is, Pig comes much closer to believing everything the government says than probably anyone else in this thread comes to disregarding everything it says.
    Solid assessment of Bacon. He uses the all or nothing argument constantly but hates when its used against him. The honest truth is that only half of the facts are ever revealed by the gov.

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      If you're a conspiracy fantasist then this is the fantasy you choose to believe. It fits your narrative as the government being cartoon nazi monsters.

I know you yanks like to pretend you invented Democracy but most of the history you learn in American schools is almost as stupidly inaccurate as the pseudohistory you adopt as a conspiracy fantasist.
      The CIA's role in the international drug trade, dating back to 1949, is not a conspiracy by no stretch of the imagination, but a well-documented "fact." The sources include former CIA and DEA agents.

"CIA are drug smugglers." - Federal Judge Bonner, while head of the DEA

In 1989, 'The Kerry Committee' found that the United States Department of State had made payments to drug traffickers, concluding that members of the U.S. State Department themselves were involved in drug trafficking. Some of the payments were made even after the traffickers had been indicted by federal law enforcement agencies, or even while these traffickers were under active investigation by these same agencies.

You can continue to disagree for the sake of argument, but there's no denying the cold hard facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
        In fact, it is you with the false dichotomy.

Well done.
        Do you know what a false dichotomy is?

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
        Framing his dust up as:

"You either believe everything the government tells you or you believe every hare-brained conspiracy fantasy concocted by borderline schizoid mental cases"

When the other poster was just making a general point about how governments lie.
        He wasn't though. He was saying in response to a factual response to conspiracy fantasy "You have to be an idiot to believe that governments are ever dishonest". He's made it quite clear in this thread and previously that failing to believe in the same conspiracy fantasies he does means that you must think that the government never lies. This is clearly untrue.

I'm a sceptic. That doesn't mean that the government never lies, it means that I will examine claims made by everyone, the government included, carefully with an eye on the evidence. Believing that the government never lies is as ridiculous and believing that the government always lies.

Pig's sarcastic example is a false dichotomy. This is so because it is sarcastic only insofar as to ridicule.
        Again it seems that you don't know what a false dichotomy is. I'll explain:

A false dichotomy is a fallacy by which the arguer asserts that if one does not agree with them on a point then they must believe something ludicrously hyperbolic. A good example would be "So you don't think that 9/11 was an inside job? Then you must think that BUSH NEVER LIES SHEEPLE!" or "Oh you think that the prison system encourages bullying and is harmful to efforts to rehabilitate prisoners, so that means we should just LET OUT ALL THE PRISONERS!"

As such Mannie Phresh is engaging in a false dichotomy by suggesting that the only alternative to completely believing in every conspiracy fantasy he does (remember that this doesn't apply to conspiracy fantasies he personally finds to be outlandish) then I must believe and trust the government always. I don't. I just tend to the opinion that government corruption and conspiracy is generally as ham fisted, self serving and small minded as everything else they attempt!

Yet, Pig is serious enough in his labeling of 'conspiracy theories' as such.
        I use the term "conspiracy fantasy" now. They're giving "theory" a bad name.

The thing is, Pig comes much closer to believing everything the government says than probably anyone else in this thread comes to disregarding everything it says.
        No I don't.

Originally posted by New England View Post
        i don't see what the beef with nogodoshi's inquiry would be. he's asking relevant questions.
        He's asking questions that he knows have already been answered while trying to get any dissenters silenced.

Comment

• I knew this thread would get very interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by rorymac View Post
            Said as though it's a halfway credible theory
            It is to some people.. David icke has made a small fortune with this crap.. People do believe it

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
              How do you find whoever killed the US president half a century ago relevant tomorrow morning, in the year of 2014? Get a hold of yourself.
              Because it shaped world events for decades... JFK lives, probably no Vietnam or at least not to the size that it did, etc.. Outside of the Great Depression, and the 2 world wars, the JFK killing was the most historically significant event of the 20th century

No one finds it strange that in about an 8 yr period JFK, rfk, mlk jr, all got assassinated. Before and after there has never been a period in modern history where so many big name killings occurred in such a short period of time.. I always found that fishy

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tase View Post
                everybody involved in the JFK assassination is already dead.

his death already caused the secret service to change the way they protect the president.

finding out whoever was behind it all is just finally scratching that itching curiosity.

it has no bearing whatsoever in 2014.
                No, everyone is not dead... George h. bush is still kicking, and so is Arlen Spector I believe

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  Because it shaped world events for decades... JFK lives, probably no Vietnam or at least not to the size that it did, etc.. Outside of the Great Depression, and the 2 world wars, the JFK killing was the most historically significant event of the 20th century
                  There's no evidence that JFK was going to withdraw from Vietnam and it was under his presidency that the troop count was expanded from 900 to over 16,000. His plan, such as there was one, for Vietnam was to hope that the South Vietnamese got better at repelling the North. That didn't happen by 1963 and it didn't happen under Johnson.

No one finds it strange that in about an 8 yr period JFK, rfk, mlk jr, all got assassinated. Before and after there has never been a period in modern history where so many big name killings occurred in such a short period of time.. I always found that fishy
                  At the height of both the Cold War and the Civil Rights movement? What's fishy about that? What conclusions do you draw?

Comment

• What happened to Amelia Earhart?

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                      There's no evidence that JFK was going to withdraw from Vietnam and it was under his presidency that the troop count was expanded from 900 to over 16,000. His plan, such as there was one, for Vietnam was to hope that the South Vietnamese got better at repelling the North. That didn't happen by 1963 and it didn't happen under Johnson.

At the height of both the Cold War and the Civil Rights movement? What's fishy about that? What conclusions do you draw?
                      Fishy might have been the wrong word to use, I just find it crazy, kinda like truth is stranger than fiction.. 3 top people in our nation all gunned down, and in modern history, assassinations hardly occur let alone 3 major players in a short span. Just always found it fascinating..

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
                      What happened to Amelia Earhart?

I think she crashed in some remote area and was never found... That airliner that crashed a few months ago, with all the modern technology and they still had trouble finding it let alone 100 years ago

Comment

Working...
                      X