No announcement yet.

The official lounge stock market & investment advice thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    I got no problem with someone having T in their portfolio, its a great long term hold, and fantastic dividend payer. I held it for years in my Roth IRA, but just decided I didn't like their future outlooks for price appreciation, and with market in turmoil, i cashed out, and put some into HYLB bond etf which you may like, it pays 5.78% yield and was going to buy QQQ with the rest but decided to snag MSFT at 89.50. I could have easily just held T for another 20 years and been fine
    Will check out that bond ETF; have basically kept everything in cash or equities, so couldn't hurt to get comfortable keeping money somewhere else. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

• Sugar Adam Ali Thoughts on Amazon's stocks falling since Trump started attacking them

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Sugar Adam Ali Thoughts on Amazon's stocks falling since Trump started attacking them
        BUY all you can (well if you had money like that (talking in genreal)

cause its gonna go back up, and keep climbing.

Comment

Sugar Adam Ali Thoughts on Amazon's stocks falling since Trump started attacking them

Not good for amazon, but I don’t think it hurts them long term. This is a very short term issue and will pass when trump engages someone else in the crosshairs.

The whole market has been way overbought and with crazy high evaluations. Amazon usually was bulletproof during any recent pullbacks, but not this time.
          But now with amazon vulnerable due to trump tweets, panic is settling in, and people are really starting to look hard at tech valuations and realizing their is no place to go but down .

Amazon
          Nvidia
          Netflix
          Tesla
          Anything trading over 30 p/e is going to be very risky this year.

The trouble with these stocks is even though they have outstanding revenue and growth potential, the future has already been priced in, so with every great earnings report, they should “grow” a bit into their valuation, but instead investors flood in and the price jumps and the company has to start over growing into the valuation.

And trump really shouldn’t be tweeting and disrupting the markets and causing a panic. It creates more weakness for him instead of damaging his enemy.

Trump would be nearly unbeatable in 2020 if he waltz in with tax cuts, gdp growth, and a roaring market, and will be very vulnerable looking over a bear market.

Comment

Not good for amazon, but I don’t think it hurts them long term. This is a very short term issue and will pass when trump engages someone else in the crosshairs.

The whole market has been way overbought and with crazy high evaluations. Amazon usually was bulletproof during any recent pullbacks, but not this time.
            But now with amazon vulnerable due to trump tweets, panic is settling in, and people are really starting to look hard at tech valuations and realizing their is no place to go but down .

Amazon
            Nvidia
            Netflix
            Tesla

The trouble with these stocks is even though they have outstanding revenue and growth potential, the future has already been priced in, so with every great earnings report, they should “grow” a bit into their valuation, but instead investors flood in and the price jumps and the company has to start over growing into the valuation.

And trump really shouldn’t be tweeting and disrupting the markets and causing a panic. It creates more weakness for him instead of damaging his enemy.

Trump would be nearly unbeatable in 2020 if he waltz in with tax cuts, gdp growth, and a roaring market, and will be very vulnerable looking over a bear market.
            I heard Amazon is getting into the health insurance industry. I wouldn't exactly call them a tech company. They've diversified. They're also in the grocery business. They're also creating a lot of jobs with Amazon Flex but aren't taking on much liability because the drivers are independent contractors. Amazon seems like they have no ceiling.

Comment

• Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
              BUY all you can (well if you had money like that (talking in genreal)

cause its gonna go back up, and keep climbing.
              It will go back up, but I’m nervous about how far it drops before then.

Go read up on the “nifty fifty” from the late 60s, early 70s. It was 50 can’t miss stocks much like today’s FANG stocks. They traded at very high multiples and then crashed and it took over a decade for investors who bought at the high end to get their money back.
              Alot of similarities to today.

Comment

I heard Amazon is getting into the health insurance industry. I wouldn't exactly call them a tech company. They've diversified. They're also in the grocery business. They're also creating a lot of jobs with Amazon Flex but aren't taking on much liability because the drivers are independent contractors. Amazon seems like they have no ceiling.
                They are diversified and they are in a lot of competitive fields, so I don’t really worry about them in terms of antitrust laws.

Amazon is supposed to start selling medical supplies first, like syringes, gloves, etc. which is a logical first step.

The whole Berkshire/amazon/jpmorgan alliance on healthcare, I think it will be Berkshire buying drug makers, amazon distributing it, jpmorgan financing it and handling the paperwork. And all three companies will use their employees as a test to see f they can lower prices by owning healthcare properties

Comment

Amazon
                  Nvidia
                  Netflix
                  Tesla

Those tariffs are setting off backlash.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                    Those tariffs are setting off backlash.
                    Yeah, I think that has some to do with the overall market meltdown over the past few training days. But I do feel that is being overblown as well.

Tariffs and amazon trashtalk have people uncertain, so they are taking a closer look at valuations and nobody wants to keep bidding up, so prices are dropping and creating more fear and uncertainty. And with crazy high valuations, there is plenty of room to drop.

The markets hate uncertainty

Comment

Yeah, I think that has some to do with the overall market meltdown over the past few training days. But I do feel that is being overblown as well.

Tariffs and amazon trashtalk have people uncertain, so they are taking a closer look at valuations and nobody wants to keep bidding up, so prices are dropping and creating more fear and uncertainty. And with crazy high valuations, there is plenty of room to drop.

The markets hate uncertainty
                      So what have you been buying since values have dropped?

Comment

Working...
                      X