No announcement yet.

Modern music: which decade was best?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Booji Boy View Post
    Obviously this is pretty subjective, but I'm curious what people think about this on average. Give your pick and rationale.

I would say the 70s. I see the 60s as giving way to more experimentation but the 70s ultimately reaping the benefits. Tons of experimentation all over the world.
    How are people pickin' the 60s over the 70s? We need an explanation.
    The answer was in red font.

Comment

Originally posted by led
      The answer is in red font.
      Yeah, but what's your reasoning?

Other than jazz, the first part of the decade was fairly slim pickings for innovative stuff. That stuff didn't really start coming in regularly until like '65 or so, and wasn't really in full swing until '66 or '67.
      Last edited by samouraï; 06-24-2014, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Yeah, but what's your reasoning?
        Look at my avi. And I say real music died on Dec. 8, 1980.

Comment

i really enjoyed the music back in the 50s. i remember going to my friend's house and we would listen to buddy holly, little richard and chuck berry records on his dad's record player. good times to be alive.

Comment

I can see voting 60s, actually. But only based on **** that happened in the late 1960s.

For example, this song > pretty much everything ever since.

I can hear Jimi, goddamnit. As somewhat of a guitarist myself, every ****ing time I listen to this guy I get goosebumps. John Lennon is an unaccomplished **** by comparison. Take that, led.

Comment

The 70s! Pre-aids, prime coke, great fuckin music.

Comment

80´s to me

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                  John Lennon is an unaccomplished **** by comparison. Take that, led.

Without Lennon, The Beatles is nothing.

Without the Beatles' influences to thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands of musicians out there, there'd be no good music at all.

Comment

Originally posted by led View Post

Without Lennon, The Beatles is nothing.

Without the Beatles' influences to thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands of musicians out there, there'd be no good music at all.
                    ...Jimi wasn't influenced by the Beatles. In fact, every time he picked up a guitar he reminded humanity of how inconsequential they were by comparison. He'd chop those white midgets up with the end of his hand, make an island out of their remains, and stand atop it while perfectly playing the star-spangled banner while coked out of his mind.

Those boys had no soul.

Comment

The day Muddy Waters came up...is the day the birth of Rock came to life!

Comment

Working...
                      X