• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually i've put this topic and then that was deleted
    anyway, i don't eat a dog. but if you really wanna eat a dog, then go ahead

Comment

Originally posted by Hous View Post
      When was the last time a human slept next to a alligator or bear? Hunted with one? More importantly, when was the last time an alligator or bear wept when its human left it?

I think its a little different. I don't even have a dog and don't want one, but even I see this.
      Pigs are domestic animals too pet pigs are intelligent they do sleep next to and play with humans follow them around but you still do enjoy your bacon don't you
      Last edited by Phenom; 06-24-2014, 03:18 AM.

Comment

once i smell dog meat, i just threw up. that smell was..oh god..

i'd rather kill my self then eat a dog

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          Pigs are domestic animals too pet pigs are intelligent they do sleep next to and play with humans follow them around but you still do enjoy your bacon don't you
          Where are you getting domestic classification or the weight of an animals intelligence in determining where they stand in my food pyramid? I could care less about an animals intelligence or whether it can be domesticated when it comes to whether to eat it or not. I've seen cows that are more intelligent than some people but I would still take a bite out of their loins. I don't eat pork, it's too unhealthy.

Plus following humans around is neither a sign of intelligence nor a bond between man and beast. Animals follow people around because they are a food source without regard to any bond.

Dogs are capable of forming a bond you wont get from any other animal we eat. Even your little miniature pig. My neighbor had a miniature pig for a year. She loved the thing and then she died. The pig was given away to another neighbor and it acts more like a cat in that it doesn't miss the neighbor at all. What would a dog do in that situation? My guess is that it would be a wreck for awhile.

Comment

An additional follow up note on the question of sustainability.

It is worth mentioning that somewhat ironically, consuming traditional farm animals does present problems with respect to sustainability.

Hogs do cause ecological damage, such as by consequence of their waste.

Cattle especially create significant damage environmental damage.

So if we want to be logical, eating beef is much worse than eating dog.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
              An additional follow up note on the question of sustainability.

It is worth mentioning that somewhat ironically, consuming traditional farm animals does present problems with respect to sustainability.

Hogs do cause ecological damage, such as by consequence of their waste.

Cattle especially create significant damage environmental damage.

So if we want to be logical, eating beef is much worse than eating dog.
              Humans cause pollution, live too long, and spread diseases. Logically, human should be a staple in our diets.

Comment

Where are you getting domestic classification or the weight of an animals intelligence in determining where they stand in my food pyramid? I could care less about an animals intelligence or whether it can be domesticated when it comes to whether to eat it or not. I've seen cows that are more intelligent than some people but I would still take a bite out of their loins. I don't eat pork, it's too unhealthy.

Plus following humans around is neither a sign of intelligence nor a bond between man and beast. Animals follow people around because they are a food source without regard to any bond.

Dogs are capable of forming a bond you wont get from any other animal we eat. Even your little miniature pig. My neighbor had a miniature pig for a year. She loved the thing and then she died. The pig was given away to another neighbor and it acts more like a cat in that it doesn't miss the neighbor at all. What would a dog do in that situation? My guess is that it would be a wreck for awhile.
                Pigs, dogs, cats, chickens, horses, cows, donkeys, mules, camels, are all domesticated animals.

As for dogs and humans, I sort of think personally that humans and dogs historically have a symbiotic relationship.

You can find plenty such bonds in nature (much stronger ones). For instance, fruit bearing plants use birds to spread their seeds. Flowering plants use honey bees for pollination.

There are countless examples of symbiosis, and humans and dogs probably do have such a relationship in terms of scientific biology.

With that said, I wouldn't want to eat my pet, unless I was starving. But, I see nothing wrong with eating dog meat.

Moreover, just because some dogs are friendly with humans, they can also be very menacing. Wolves which prey on livestock is a clear example.

Really, the whole controversy over consumption of dog meat is the quintessential first world problem. I think that if people were actually committed to promoting a worthy cause, they could find much better things to hang their hats on, instead of demonizing people for eating dogs or horses.

Comment

Humans cause pollution, live too long, and spread diseases. Logically, human should be a staple in our diets.
                  That was an entirely ridiculous response.

Congratulations on being a moron.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil Caine
                    Pigs, dogs, cats, chickens, horses, cows, donkeys, mules, camels, are all domesticated animals.
                    OK, whats the point of this?

As for dogs and humans, I sort of think personally that humans and dogs historically have a symbiotic relationship.
                    Why are you talking about history or symbiotic relationships? This isn't an argument I have made.

You can find plenty such bonds in nature (much stronger ones). For instance, fruit bearing plants use birds to spread their seeds. Flowering plants use honey bees for pollination.
                    Ok?

There are countless examples of symbiosis, and humans and dogs probably do have such a relationship in terms of scientific biology.
                    Scientific biological bonds? Where is this going?

With that said, I wouldn't want to eat my pet, unless I was starving. But, I see nothing wrong with eating dog meat.
                    I respect your opinion

Moreover, just because some dogs are friendly with humans, they can also be very menacing. Wolves which prey on livestock is a clear example.
                    Dogs and wolfs are not the same. Wolves are incapable to sharing the same bond with man because while their DNA is basically the same, they have traits that make more feral than any dog.

Really, the whole controversy over consumption of dog meat is the quintessential first world problem. I think that if people were actually committed to promoting a worthy cause, they could find much better things to hang their hats on, instead of demonizing people for eating dogs or horses.
                    Now you just sound defeated. No one is demonizing anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
                      That was an entirely ridiculous response.

Congratulations on being a moron.
                      It was meant to be a joke but it follows your logic flawlessly. Perhaps you should not call people morons because it's just rude and uncalled for.

Comment

Working...
                      X