Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you feel about the Police in general?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US v Sanchez

MARTIN, District Judge:
    I can think of few things more threatening to the liberty of our citizens than to have a court system which tolerates perjury by Government agents in a criminal trial. This is the second case in a brief judicial career in which I have found, on the basis of my assessment of the credibility of the witnesses who appeared before me, that police officers have lied in an attempt to secure the conviction of individuals whom they no doubt believe guilty of some criminal act.
    The issue is particularly frustrating in the matter currently before the Court since it appears that my earlier failure to articulate clearly the bases of my decision in this case has led the Court of Appeals to express a view on the facts, without having seen the witnesses, that is directly contrary to the conclusion I reached having observed the witnesses. In addition, the Court of Appeals has directed that I enter judgment on the jury verdict, even though it expressly noted that I had not decided whether the conduct at issue amounted to knowing use of perjured testimony by the prosecution and the record indicated that alternative grounds urged for setting aside the jury verdict had not been decided because a new trial had been ordered pursuant to Rule 33.

I have access to westlaw so I can cite more and more cases of police perjury but Im waiting. I want the totalitarians to keep up theyre absurd insinuations that recording interactions with them for my own protection is stupid or crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by BEDROOM BULLY View Post
      Is this an American problem?

Seriously living in England i rarely hear people complain about the police.. they were very helpful when my car got broken into and made an arrest from it.

I think they should be paid more for such a hard job..

Sure you get the odd **** head but tht's the same in every job
      British criminals aren't keen on British police either.

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
      http://www.vice.com/read/testilying-...y-with-perjury

Heres an article on police perjury. More coming. Waiting for popo knob gobblers to get brazen.
      The article opens with this:

"You are a police officer, patrolling your route in East New York. You see someone walking down the street; they are carrying a bag. You are bored and not really doing anything else and have been thinking for a while that you’d like to get noticed by your boss, make him proud. "

So you can tell that it isn't going to be ******ed and stupidly biased.

Given that the example given shows a guy walking around with a holdall containing 50 grand and 15 kilos of cocaine being stopped at random and the cop having to lie to get a conviction this is not a really great argument for the protection of constitutional rights. I mean it straight up says that your rights to unreasonable search and seizure help cocaine dealers!

I'll read on. I'm sure the number of perjury incidents is in there somewhere.

Well I'll be. It gave two anecdotal examples and no statistics on the number of cases. Who could see that coming?

Originally posted by SlyDominican View Post
      where im from they use the color chart,if u above the threshhold a normal rotine traffic stop gets u pulled out of ur car,gets your pockets checked and a total shakedown with the police sniffing dogs rippin out your entire whip just to find a little bit of weed that wasnt even mine it was the homies.We dont snitch over here tho so i took the charge but now i just do what i should have done from the start.stay completely silet and do not say a thing to the police. Just deny deny deny and dont say a word to them at all after.
      I'm guessing that you are a white person who listens to the Boys n the Hood soundtrack on the way to your golf lesson.

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        I'm guessing that you are a white person who listens to the Boys n the Hood soundtrack on the way to your golf lesson.
        if that was the case then i wouldnt even have been pulle dover in the first place,idiot

Comment

• Originally posted by SlyDominican View Post
          if that was the case then i wouldnt even have been pulle dover in the first place,idiot
          Because white people never get pulled over, amirite?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
            I have access to westlaw so I can cite more and more cases of police perjury but Im waiting. I want the totalitarians to keep up theyre absurd insinuations that recording interactions with them for my own protection is stupid or crazy.
            Rather than citing individual cases why don't you give me a number. Give me a number and then express that as a percentage of total testimonies.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                British criminals aren't keen on British police either.
                I am not talking criminals.. i mean here on Boxingscene you have a decent share of posters from America who seem to despise the Police... Are they criminals?

On the other hand i would imagine that the vast majority of the British posters don't hold ill feeling towards the Police force.. and consider them to be doing a hard job quite well.

Comment

• The reality is that there is no single group of people more susceptible to mass retaliation by the general public than the police.

and while I don't have a problem with the police, I have a problem with police officers being randomly gunned down while they are grabbing their morning coffee or filling up their gas tanks.

if something isn't done to decrease the gradually increasing militarization of the police, and force the police to be more accountable for their actions I truly fear that we are going to see more and more nutcases like that batman couple that shot the police in the dinner, and with more and more cases like that happening, the average completely innocent citizen is going to become more and more an inherent enemy of the police.

Robert LeFevre said:

"And so we see that government is both protector and predator. It starts by protecting one group against another, and ends by protecting itself from everybody."

IMO if you switch out Government for Police, it rings equally true.

So heres what we need:

1. Lapel, Cap, or Shoulder cams. These constantly record so when they are pressed to record they save video from 30 seconds prior to the button being pressed, this is good because when an officer thinks to press the button and when he should have pressed the button arnt always the same.

Cameras work in many ways, most obivious is that when there is an actual civil rights violation there is video evidence of it occurring. less obivious is when you are being recorded you act more professionally, it makes officers think twice when they otherwise might have committed a civil rights violation. another advantage is that officers can record their fellow officers if they do something that needs to be reported, given the 30 second window the officer dosnt even have to be in the same room when he presses the record button.

Less obivious is the reduced number of complaints, where cameras have already been implemented, studies show up to 90% of all complaints are dropped when the invidiual who made the complaint finds out there is video of the incident.

another advantage is in litigation, the state township or what ever can spend 300,000$ fighting a case and then settle for 300,000$ or they can watch a video, see they are clearly going to lose, and settle right away rather than waste 300,000$+ fighting a losing battle.

2. something needs to be done to honorably separate repeat offending officers from regular interactions with the public. I suggest a 5 settlements and its a desk job approach where officers who have needed to settle 5 times in court are taken off active duty and are given a equally well paying desk job.

3. it needs to be illegal for any judge to find specifically video from a officer's cap, lapel, or shoulder cam inadmissible.

4. police unions have too much power, police do not grant police their power, the American citizen grants the police their power. the police do not tell the court what rights they should have, the American citizen tells the courts what rights they should have.

IMO with these 4 simple changes and a reduction of police militarization, the average America citizen will hold the police in much greater respect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
                    The reality is that there is no single group of people more susceptible to mass retaliation by the general public than the police.

and while I don't have a problem with the police, I have a problem with police officers being randomly gunned down while they are grabbing their morning coffee or filling up their gas tanks.

if something isn't done to decrease the gradually increasing militarization of the police, and force the police to be more accountable for their actions I truly fear that we are going to see more and more nutcases like that batman couple that shot the police in the dinner, and with more and more cases like that happening, the average completely innocent citizen is going to become more and more an inherent enemy of the police.

Robert LeFevre said:

"And so we see that government is both protector and predator. It starts by protecting one group against another, and ends by protecting itself from everybody."

IMO if you switch out Government for Police, it rings equally true.

So heres what we need:

1. Lapel, Cap, or Shoulder cams. These constantly record so when they are pressed to record they save video from 30 seconds prior to the button being pressed, this is good because when an officer thinks to press the button and when he should have pressed the button arnt always the same.

Cameras work in many ways, most obivious is that when there is an actual civil rights violation there is video evidence of it occurring. less obivious is when you are being recorded you act more professionally, it makes officers think twice when they otherwise might have committed a civil rights violation. another advantage is that officers can record their fellow officers if they do something that needs to be reported, given the 30 second window the officer dosnt even have to be in the same room when he presses the record button.

Less obivious is the reduced number of complaints, where cameras have already been implemented, studies show up to 90% of all complaints are dropped when the invidiual who made the complaint finds out there is video of the incident.

another advantage is in litigation, the state township or what ever can spend 300,000$ fighting a case and then settle for 300,000$ or they can watch a video, see they are clearly going to lose, and settle right away rather than waste 300,000$+ fighting a losing battle.

2. something needs to be done to honorably separate repeat offending officers from regular interactions with the public. I suggest a 5 settlements and its a desk job approach where officers who have needed to settle 5 times in court are taken off active duty and are given a equally well paying desk job.

3. it needs to be illegal for any judge to find specifically video from a officer's cap, lapel, or shoulder cam inadmissible.

4. police unions have too much power, police do not grant police their power, the American citizen grants the police their power. the police do not tell the court what rights they should have, the American citizen tells the courts what rights they should have.

IMO with these 4 simple changes and a reduction of police militarization, the average America citizen will hold the police in much greater respect.
                    I agree strongly with lapel cams for uniform officers. Furthermore I would like to see a loosening in the proprietary restrictions on the release of video recorded or obtained by police in cases where an alternative video has already been made public. So many times you see a video of "Look these cops attacked me unprovoked!" which was started just at the attack, and fails to capture anything leading up to it. That being the case then the police simply release the full video and show what happened up to that event.

Comment

• 90% of those police videos you see on YouTube:

A) Don't show you what happened before the cop started kicking off (it might have been justified)

B) Show some twat antagonising and goading the cops while filming them for a reaction so he can post it on YouTube and say "Fuck da pigs man"

I've seen some when I was in my teens, and in my police are wankers faze, and even I couldn't help thinking "STFU! The cop has politely asked you a simple question."

Those people must memorise all their rights, and then go around deliberately attracting police attention, so they can shout harassment and smugly say "I don't have to answer that. I don't have to answer that." while filming it to play the big man.

Some people act like if a cop looks at you he's gonna bust a machine gun out and spray you, or pin a murder on you.

Ridiculous overreactions and suspiousness.

Yea there are some twats who are cops. But there are also twats who are teachers and builders and politicians.

Any encounters I've ever had with the police when I was younger were respectful and level headed. Just politely told us to move on and keep out of trouble.

Comment

Working...
                      X