Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DJ Khaled Makes Himself Look Like An Absolute Fool On Espn First Take.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by New England View Post
    first take is one of the worst shows on freaking television. i can't get over how far it's dropped. it used to be a decent show.
    It's funny when they talk about the Dallas Cowboys

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      Or......

It's sad Americans and people around the world by this **** over and over and make these dudes millionaires. They are just giving what the public wants, are you mad at McDonalds for selling cheap, bad food?

For me, it's more a reflection of this generation. It shows how stupid this generation is, how utterly unoriginal it is, and how kids grow up listening to straight garbage and there are dealers willing to give it to them.
      I agree man. You'd just think with the population Florida has they'd finally get someone who's dope some recognition. Instead we're being fed Rick Ross, DJ Khaled, PitBull, Flo Rida from Florida......I don't live there, but if this is what people bump in Florida, I feel for anyone who's living there.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
        first take is one of the worst shows on freaking television. i can't get over how far it's dropped. it used to be a decent show.
        When it was Cold Pizza with Woody Paige, or 1st and 10 with different people going up against Skip everyday.....it was way better and more interesting for me. Even the first few years of First Take, when it wasn't just Skip and Stephen A, it was better. I can't fathom how far it's fallen off the last 2-3 years.

Comment

• 1st and foremost Khaled is an idiot. Plus he hasn't been relevant for a long time now, he is basically an overexposed hype man who presses buttons and plays songs, thus the loose title "DJ". Anyway Hip Hop isn't just music but a culture that consists of several pillars.

Thus Hip Hop is the culture from which Rap stems from, Rap having its own sub genres as well. You can't simply label "hip hop dumb" because Hip Hop has a much wider margin. Rap can produce some atrocious music but there is also high quality artistry hidden underneath the mainstream garbage. I won't waste my time arguing over ignorant statements though, they are after all just opinions.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            When it was Cold Pizza with Woody Paige, or 1st and 10 with different people going up against Skip everyday.....it was way better and more interesting for me. Even the first few years of First Take, when it wasn't just Skip and Stephen A, it was better. I can't fathom how far it's fallen off the last 2-3 years.

it is freaking horrible. i cannot watch it anymore. i wonder how their ratings are doing.

Comment

I agree man. You'd just think with the population Florida has they'd finally get someone who's dope some recognition. Instead we're being fed Rick Ross, DJ Khaled, PitBull, Flo Rida from Florida......I don't live there, but if this is what people bump in Florida, I feel for anyone who's living there.
              Yea but it's not like those artists are only selling in Florida. Pit Bull is a millionaire because he sells everywhere.

Bottom line is, music sucks today.

Comment

Yea but it's not like those artists are only selling in Florida. Pit Bull is a millionaire because he sells everywhere.

Bottom line is, music sucks today.
                Nah. There's PLENTY of hip hop artists putting it down still. We have current relevant ATG's that I don't need to name.

Plenty of young talent. Cole, Kendrick, Joey bada$$, Logic, Quest, Yelawolf,Big Krit, etc.

Comment

Nah. There's PLENTY of hip hop artists putting it down still. We have current relevant ATG's that I don't need to name.

Plenty of young talent. Cole, Kendrick, Joey bada$$, Logic, Quest, Yelawolf,Big Krit, etc.
                  Yes but they are not selling like them. Say what you want, Pit Bull, Rick Ross, Khaled are making money and it's not just selling here.

Good mainstream hip hop is hard to find these days. I'm not saying it's not there, but the golden age of hip hop is dead.

Comment

Yes but they are not selling like them. Say what you want, Pit Bull, Rick Ross, Khaled are making money and it's not just selling here.

Good mainstream hip hop is hard to find these days. I'm not saying it's not there, but the golden age of hip hop is dead.
                    They are. If you check album sales, PitBull and Khaled, Iggy Azaela or whatever.....their album sales suck. They sell singles well though.

Cole out sold Kanye last time out. Schoolboy Q, though he tends to have some ass mainstream songs, solid 100K+ plus first week. Kendrick and Macklemore went platinum, which is really like going 2-3 times platinum 5-10 years ago. I agree Macklemore has some whack stuff, but the guy is still saying something and better than 95% of these Chief Keef or Wayne types that are straight ass.

Krit and Yelawolf didn't really catch on though, which sucks. They're dope, the South doesn't appreciate it's actual good artists anymore it seems.

I'm looking for Logic and Joey Bada$$ to do something this year. Both guys debut albums come out, and both have done big stuff in the mixtape world, and have millions of views on youtube. Hopefully they break through.

Comment

Golden Age has been dead for a minute. But mainstream rap really went down fast when the likes of 50 and Kanye blew up IMO. I know people call Kanye a genius....the guy just makes good beats with average or worse lyrics. And talks about himself as he's living in the 1850's in Alabama or something. But the mid 00's, mainstream rap was terrible.

It's made a strong comeback since the new decade started though. J Cole and Kendrick Lamar are dope, and even Macklemore is positive considering everything out there right now.

A lot of these ass mainstream artists don't actually sell a lot of records though, they sell singles well. The only really terrible mainstream rappers IMO that can go Gold or platinum are probably Wayne, Nicki, Ross, and Drake.

Comment

Working...
                      X