Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I'm Overqualified For All The Jobs I Applied To?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
    That's an insane position to be in.

Have you considered unemployment to hold you over until you find a new job? I'm pretty sure you'll qualify, I milked unemployment when I got out of the military because **** em that's why.

If that doesn't work; as your friends advised you, dumb down your resume.

Best of luck
    You milked unemployment when you got out of the military....you weak
    lazy parasite...weak people like you are why we are 100 trillion in debt and
    growing....you should pay back all your free money you got when you
    were living off the government in the military and unemployment.

Comment

• So I have 3 interviews this week.

The first one was today in a beverage bottle making company. I was the only person in the warehouse wearing a suit. Everyones wearing polos and some were evening wearing cargo shorts.

I think the interview went really well. It was in front of 3 managers. All three seemed to really like me. It was 2 women and 1 man.

The only thing was the man kinda gave me the vibe that i was overqualified and not able to hustle inside of this type of environment or not be used to it. He kinda gave me the vibe that I was not gonna be able do all of that.

The women both vibed with me better one even felt I should skip the entry level and go straight into sales based on my personality and resume and experience.

Well I'm supposed to know about the job in 7 days so wish me luck bros.

Tomorrow I have another interview with an IT company that provides security for companies IT departments. Its another entry level position but im sure i'd learn a whole new industry if they hire me. They are located in one of the skyscrapers close by like within 6miles and you have to get a pass just to enter the parking lot area.

Even though its just an entry level job the recruiters seems to really want me for some reason? I read the reviews about the company and they are all pretty much positive.

I also have another interview Wed for a department store management position but I already been on a interview for a department store and it seems like they prefer gay men for that so I'm not too positive about that one.

Wish me luck guys and I hope you all are doing well in your own individual grinds.

Comment

• Just had a total different type of interview. I met with the CEO and he really liked me. Basically he kept telling me about the company and tried to convince me why the company is good to work for. He didn't even ask me about my qualifications or why I should be hired? I never really had an interview like this before except for once when Met Life wanted to hire me as one of their salesmen and they pretty much tried to sell me why i should join verses me trying to sell myself for the job?

This job is an IT company and I'd start as entry sales. I told them that I'm definitely not an IT guy or even technically savy and they said thats fine most people hired are not. They train everyone to know what they need to know.

the pay starts at $30/hour and its only monday thru friday 7:30-5pm.

I was like whoa totally wasn't expecting this job to be like this and to be meeting with the CEO for my interview and for it to be paying $30/hour.

Hopefully I get advanced forward to the next round. Everyone was really nice and the office is really pimped out in the skyscraper buildings.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
          Just had a total different type of interview. I met with the CEO and he really liked me. Basically he kept telling me about the company and tried to convince me why the company is good to work for. He didn't even ask me about my qualifications or why I should be hired? I never really had an interview like this before except for once when Met Life wanted to hire me as one of their salesmen and they pretty much tried to sell me why i should join verses me trying to sell myself for the job?

This job is an IT company and I'd start as entry sales. I told them that I'm definitely not an IT guy or even technically savy and they said thats fine most people hired are not. They train everyone to know what they need to know.

the pay starts at $30/hour and its only monday thru friday 7:30-5pm.

I was like whoa totally wasn't expecting this job to be like this and to be meeting with the CEO for my interview and for it to be paying $30/hour.

Hopefully I get advanced forward to the next round. Everyone was really nice and the office is really pimped out in the skyscraper buildings.
          You sucked his cock didn't you? :*******:

Comment

• Love your stories...keeps me entertained!! LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by m95roadster View Post
              Love your stories...keeps me entertained!! LOL
              its my struggle and life right now!

hopefully one of these guys hires me soon! i hate being between jobs even if its just for a month or two

Comment

its my struggle and life right now!

hopefully one of these guys hires me soon! i hate being between jobs even if its just for a month or two
                **** I'm about to be between jobs my damn self. This overnight shift plus school is kicking my ass & I need to find something else worthwhile. Good luck with your job hunting though.

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamMerchant12 View Post
                  **** I'm about to be between jobs my damn self. This overnight shift plus school is kicking my ass & I need to find something else worthwhile. Good luck with your job hunting though.
                  good luck bro maybe be like waiter or bartender instead since your still a student. you can get plenty of chicks that way too.

I know the overnight shift is damn near impossible to be a successful student or have much balance in your life.

Comment

good luck bro maybe be like waiter or bartender instead since your still a student. you can get plenty of chicks that way too.

I know the overnight shift is damn near impossible to be a successful student or have much balance in your life.
                    Most definitely & I've tried to apply to those positions before but no cigar. Definitely wouldn't hurt to try again though, especially with the crazy dime pieces that float around the restaurants I frequent.

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamMerchant12 View Post
                      Most definitely & I've tried to apply to those positions before but no cigar. Definitely wouldn't hurt to try again though, especially with the crazy dime pieces that float around the restaurants I frequent.
                      yeah bro i remember back in college all of my friends who were waiters and bartenders were pulling mad honeys cause girls would hit them up at work and give their digits on napkins or receipts all the time. start off at one of the fun spots like Chillis, TGIF, Olive Garden im sure those guys would hire you then you can get some good experience and resume stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X