Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I'm Overqualified For All The Jobs I Applied To?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bughuul. View Post
    There's a poster around here who earns 'six figures' he can help you!!!

You'll get hired eventually

Someone will be blown away by your resume.
    honestly i dont care about making 6figs anymore id rather work for a stable company that was close by that would be more ethical than what happened to me at my last company, even if it meant making like only 40K or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      they were paying 6 figures to a guy that didn't know how to use Excel?
      lol yeah well barely over 100k, i was just over the 100 mark not by much!

but again bro none of us knew how to really use it and if we want to get technical i knew more than the rest cause they were all in their late 50's and 60's already so they figured to never properly learn it.

i at least knew how to upload all of my revenue totals and make basic charts. it took me forever but at least i knew how to do that, the other managers couldn't even do that.

Comment

Still no luck?

Damn, I feel for you bro.

Can't speak for these companies but whenever I pass on hiring someone with a resume with extensive history in a different field, it's not that they're overqualified. I'm thinking what are the chances this person is gonna stick around. This person most likely is gonna bounce the first chance he gets.

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
          Still no luck?

Damn, I feel for you bro.

Can't speak for these companies but whenever I pass on hiring someone with a resume with extensive history in a different field, it's not that they're overqualified. I'm thinking what are the chances this person is gonna stick around. This person most likely is gonna bounce the first chance he gets.
          yeah it seems that way. i had a 4 hour interview and literally 90minutes was them grilling me if I'll stay since im used to a higher salary and being in charge and blah blah, but i kept reassuring them that no i man here to start over and i want to even retire with them over and over again but they kept doubting me. I was there from like 10am to 3pm meeting with 4 managers total blowing them all away.

I'd rather they cut my interview short to just 30min if they never truly wanted me or believed i'd stay with them.

What can i say or do to convince them though for future reference?

Comment

sometimes ya gotta dumb down that resume

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
              yeah it seems that way. i had a 4 hour interview and literally 90minutes was them grilling me if I'll stay since im used to a higher salary and being in charge and blah blah, but i kept reassuring them that no i man here to start over and i want to even retire with them over and over again but they kept doubting me. I was there from like 10am to 3pm meeting with 4 managers total blowing them all away.

I'd rather they cut my interview short to just 30min if they never truly wanted me or believed i'd stay with them.

What can i say or do to convince them though for future reference?
              It really depends on the position.

If it's an entry level position, forget it. They KNOW you're gonna get sick of the job or the salary quick.

Remember, they're looking for a worker, not a leader. They want someone to clock in, take orders, keep their mouth shut, and clock out.

You might be better off aiming for a hire position. Even if it's not in your field, delegating and supervising translates to any business.

Comment

sometimes ya gotta dumb down that resume
                That's what MDA did these past 2 years.

Now he can coach 8th grade basketball.

Comment

That's what MDA did these past 2 years.

Now he can coach 8th grade basketball.

i'm so glad the Kings are 1 win away...if they weren't, i would seriously have a nervous breakdown with all this effing Alvin Gentry talk

Comment

It really depends on the position.

If it's an entry level position, forget it. They KNOW you're gonna get sick of the job or the salary quick.

Remember, they're looking for a worker, not a leader. They want someone to clock in, take orders, keep their mouth shut, and clock out.

You might be better off aiming for a hire position. Even if it's not in your field, delegating and supervising translates to any business.
                    LMAO as we speak i checked my email and a business accounting firm just emailed me and said they are impressed by my resume and want to call me in for an interview. but i saw the position they want to interview me for and its for an entry administrative management position so here we go again lol.

Comment

i'm so glad the Kings are 1 win away...if they weren't, i would seriously have a nervous breakdown with all this effing Alvin Gentry talk
                      Gentry?! Kill all that noise.

B Scott got a second interview today. He's the only one so far who got a callback

Comment

Working...
                      X