No announcement yet.

Novak Djokovic v Nadal french open discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Novak Djokovic v Nadal french open discussion thread

Novak was bookies favourite but watching Nadal against murray and seeing that the weather is very hot, Will Novak even compete Nadal???

Got £20 on Nadal at 3/4.

Comment

i agree nadal is a monster, but novak a brick wall....

Comment

War Nole! First blood Djorkovic

Comment

Weather: Favours Nadal.
          Surface: Favours Nadal.
          Stylistic Match up: Favours Djokovic

It's Nadals to lose, he's had a really easy draw this year too. He should have more in the tank. I feel as though if it was anywhere else, Djokovic would take this but under these conditions I think Nadal will prove to be the stronger of the two. The thing with Nadal is, even if he misses a shot or two, he plays on like it never happened. Djokovic is a lot more rhythm dependent.

Comment

Djokovic v Nadal is my favourite tennis rivalry (baring in mind I'm not old enough to remember McEnroe v Berg) they consistently have great matches against each other.

Comment

This second set is crucial, I don't think Djokovic will let it slip if he gets 2 in front...rooting for Rafa...

Comment

1-1

Interesting how Novak responds

Comment

Originally posted by Welsh Jon View Post
                  Djokovic v Nadal is my favourite tennis rivalry (baring in mind I'm not old enough to remember McEnroe v Berg) they consistently have great matches against each other.
                  Indeed, although I love a lot of the Federer v Nadal matches because of the quality, the stylistic contrast. Federer vs Rome 2006 is probably my favourite match of all time, unbelieveable tennis played.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                    Indeed, although I love a lot of the Federer v Nadal matches because of the quality, the stylistic contrast. Federer vs Rome 2006 is probably my favourite match of all time, unbelieveable tennis played.
                    I agree. At their best they had fantastic matches against each other. But there were also a lot of times when Nadal simply had Feds number and handed out some tennis beatdowns. Rafa and Nole on the other hand always seem to bring out the best in each other.

Comment

Working...
                    X