Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The OFFICIAL LOUNGE FIGHT DISCUSSION/RBR thread!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
    Disappointing display from BHop, then again when I think about it he is 50.

It took balls to get in there tonight, but I think you need to know when to call it day against these types of fighters.

He is not at that level anymore.
    It took skill to be in there with a powerful Olympic skilled fighter, this Bhop still gives everyone fits in this division....

I agree that he should quit but I bet he takes on another youngster, schools him and then we are talking about him as a challenger again!

Also, it is not mentioned much but Kov is a mature fighter with a lot of ring knowledge, the record is deceptive...

Comment

• Originally posted by EDD1 View Post
      It took skill to be in there with a powerful Olympic skilled fighter, this Bhop still gives everyone fits in this division....

I agree that he should quit but I bet he takes on another youngster, schools him and then we are talking about him as a challenger again!

Also, it is not mentioned much but Kov is a mature fighter with a lot of ring knowledge, the record is deceptive...
      The scary thing is you're probably right about Hopkins still being able to beat a few elites.

But it's painfully obvious that his reflexes are slowing down and he's taking far too much punishment. As a fan of his, I'd like to see him retire. The worst would be if somehow he ended up like a Meldrick Taylor with severe damage....that simply wouldn't cut it and I'd hazard to guess people would talk of new rule installments. Ones to protect fighters from staying too long in the sport.

I don't think it matters who you are, you can't continue to take beatings like that ESPECIALLY at his age.

As for Kovalev's future prospects.....I read in the NSB section that many are calling for him to fight a mandatory...or pethaps a tune ip. Makes sense.

However I voted in the poll and would like to see him fight Ward. Now THAT would be a mega fight to many.

In hindsight, the fight against Hopkins really didn't turn out to be a challenge, minus the 1 round where he wobbled a bit from a counter. THAT ONE PUNCH. Lol makes me think Kovalev could be exposed a bit more by an Andre Ward.

Not that I'm "Kovalev Hating" like the usual biased jockeys think...and ofc you get labeled 1 or the other around here.

Just hoping to see a good fight....and Few things better than exciting fights 175lbs and up

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

• Came in here thinking there would be klitscho-pulev discussion. Guess it sucks, no one bothered to talk about it here.

Comment

• Hey run, l was about to quote your post but you deleted. Guess it really sucks big time, eh?

Comment

• Originally posted by kadyo View Post
            Hey run, l was about to quote your post but you deleted. Guess it really sucks big time, eh?
            I honestly didn't even wanna go into it kad.

The fight could be summed up by stating that Pulev did all he could and tried working Wlad's body....there might have been a couple moments where you thought he was wobbled:

But it was Wlad being himself and clinching/keeping him at bay. I am a Wlad fan...but I figured since nobody was posting in here.....I didn't feel like further talking to the wall.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

• Originally posted by RwK View Post
              I honestly didn't even wanna go into it kad.

The fight could be summed up by stating that Pulev did all he could and tried working Wlad's body....there might have been a couple moments where you thought he was wobbled:

But it was Wlad being himself and clinching/keeping him at bay. I am a Wlad fan...but I figured since nobody was posting in here.....I didn't feel like further talking to the wall.
              l understand. Just saw the highlights, that was a wicked left that ended the fight. Guess, watching the highlights is a lot better than being bored by the actual fight.

Comment

l understand. Just saw the highlights, that was a wicked left that ended the fight. Guess, watching the highlights is a lot better than being bored by the actual fight.
                Really excited about your boy v.s. Algieri. Even though I'm still doubting why the fight was made.

I guess, what's to me exciting is watching the media hype Algieri to no end, and reading people's comments. Never have I pulled for Pac like this and after JMM sparked him......I became a fan.

being honest about that. He's great for the sport.

I hope he beats Algieri in impressive fashion

Comment

• Originally posted by RwK View Post
                  Really excited about your boy v.s. Algieri. Even though I'm still doubting why the fight was made.

I guess, what's to me exciting is watching the media hype Algieri to no end, and reading people's comments. Never have I pulled for Pac like this and after JMM sparked him......I became a fan.

being honest about that. He's great for the sport.

I hope he beats Algieri in impressive fashion
                  lt's turning out that the real intention was to test waters on his way to 140 so fight a 140 champ who defeated a stable mate at a cw of 143. This fight is a lot better than a no fight at all, l hope algieri gives pac a hard time but hope he won't make it boring though by running.

Comment

lt's turning out that the real intention was to test waters on his way to 140 so fight a 140 champ who defeated a stable mate at a cw of 143. This fight is a lot better than a no fight at all, l hope algieri gives pac a hard time but hope he won't make it boring though by running.
                    I do think, Algieri will obviously run. And I do think he'll get caught within 4 rounds with a bomb. And when that happens, well, hasta la vista even if he gets back up.

If any reason, because Provo dropping Algieri and having him wobble around to a tough decision leads me to believe so.

I read plenty of people talking about "size". That to me is a non issue because Pac blasted Tony and he's bigger than Algieri. Albeit yes......Algieri uses his height whereas Tony would plod and make everything a phone booth affair. But the way Pac was able to display his potshotting techniques against the bigger man seemed impressive.

The welter area seems loaded with future fights that can be made as a draw, and namely since Mayweather won't bite:

I'd opt to see Pac v.s. Garcia. Or Pac v.s. Spec-k

Comment

• I read enough in the NSB section in regards to the Wlad fight and really agree with many in the HW division is pretty bad now. I mean Wlad is just head/shoulders above and realistically....I think Wilder is the only remote candidate for a real HW fight.

Klitschko/Wilder.

Comment

Working...
                      X