No announcement yet.

Are people in the auto industry...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are people in the auto industry...

.....The biggest, most dishonest ****s around?

I need a used car so I find cars I want online and then visit the places to see the car and check it out and just about every car I wanted had it miliage turned back. I took my mechanic with me and a simple car fax report will show the miliage from any oil change or inspection reported. Most of the cars had about 50K to 100K turned back. I couldn't find 1 place that didn't have cars with the miliage rolled back. Then when I mention it to the owner, they act surprised. 1 car was rolled back from 180K to 43K

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post

I need a used car so I find cars I want online and then visit the places to see the car and check it out and just about every car I wanted had it miliage turned back. I took my mechanic with me and a simple car fax report will show the miliage from any oil change or inspection reported. Most of the cars had about 50K to 100K turned back. I couldn't find 1 place that didn't have cars with the miliage rolled back. Then when I mention it to the owner, they act surprised. 1 car was rolled back from 180K to 43K
    you mean the

report.

Comment

people off craigslist are likely more honest than those used car dealers.

Comment

look at the interiror condition

never rust what is reported

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
          people off craigslist are likely more honest than those used car dealers.
          Well yeah, they are not a shady business, when I sell **** off of CL its just because I don't want it and could use the cash, no games, it will be what I said I was come take a look if you want it great if not that is fine too.

Comment

Mechanics are shady people often, they take advantage of people who don't know cars as well, or don't have the time to deal with anything more than dropping it off and hoping that you aren't going to do them dirty. But they aren't as bad as taxi drivers, they are the worst.

I do hate that I have to just assume that they are telling me legit stuff at the shop and not have to feel like I have to go get certified on engines before I can trust a mechanic, I shouldn't have to know their job almost as well as they do themselves to feel comfortable, it's ridiculous, and most make good money so it's not like the "I need to eat" excuse is valid, most mechanics I know are well off.

Comment

I bought both my cars from VWvortex.com

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post

Depends on the laws and how they are enforced where you are. Where are you with cars in kilo's vs miles?

Comment

should have reported teh places, its illegal in every state.

Comment

Many times dealers hope they can talk to an ignorant buyer just so they can move the car out of the lot quickly to make room for the next one.

They care more about the commission than about establishing a great reputation in the community. Most realize that many used vehicles will be good for a little over 90 days use.

After that, the Lemon Law doesn't apply unless the customer isn't satisfied and is willing to file a lawsuit if they believe they have enough evidence they were scammed.

Its wiser to approach dealers after doing thorough due diligence on the desired car and even better when accompanied by a trustworthy mechanic.

Otherwise, it's a case of live and learn.

Comment

Working...
                    X