No announcement yet.

Why are Puerto Ricans so bad in English

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are Puerto Ricans so bad in English

Pinoys are better English speakers. Aren't Puerto Ricans US citizens? Shouldn't English be the medium of communication in schools in Puerto Rico.

don't know. why don't you tell us? if your thread title is to be believed, you must be puerto rican.

Comment

i'll bite.

if we're talking about cotto here, yeah, his english isn't great but i'm sure he thanks the heavens for not having this accent. you know, german doesn't sound so bad after this video.

Comment

Maybe its because of a bad education system? Though in reality, if one wanted to learn a language he would do so by any means necessary.

I figure its either lazyness or a sense of pride and rejection from becoming fully americanized. Personally, I write in english better than I can speak it.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterOfFeint View Post
          Pinoys are better English speakers. Aren't Puerto Ricans US citizens? Shouldn't English be the medium of communication in schools in Puerto Rico.
          I'm no goya bean, but I am a certified spic nonetheless, so I can vouch for all of our "peoples" (In peoples voice from SHAFT) when I say that Spanish is superior to English in all facets of the game, it makes more grammatical sense, it's more romantic, funny, clever, deep, eloquent, creative, smooth, sexy, there is literally nothing English could do better on Spanishes worst day. To be brutally honest, I would prioritize being fluent in spanish over English even if I were from freaking Tibet and lived smack dab in the middle of the U.S. of A.

Comment

I'm 100% sure I speak/write English better than you buddy.

Oh and since this is a Puerto Rican thread, let's make it so:

Pendejo

PS: You're supposed to end that last sentence with (?) since it is a question.
            Last edited by Mighty_Windir; 05-18-2014, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Comment

half filipino - rican

Comment

Originally posted by - Lefteous - View Post
                  half filipino - rican
                  …. aaaaand everyone just took a big, fat loss for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                    I'm no goya bean, but I am a certified spic nonetheless, so I can vouch for all of our "peoples" (In peoples voice from SHAFT) when I say that Spanish is superior to English in all facets of the game, it makes more grammatical sense, it's more romantic, funny, clever, deep, eloquent, creative, smooth, sexy, there is literally nothing English could do better on Spanishes worst day. To be brutally honest, I would prioritize being fluent in spanish over English even if I were from freaking Tibet and lived smack dab in the middle of the U.S. of A.
                    This is obviously a joke. All Spanish is, is people trying to clear phlegm from there throat.

Comment

Working...
                    X