Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Books that changed your life - post them here.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I kept getting hit by ships until i purchased this.

Comment

Eric Thomas secrets to success

Comment

the cat in the hat!!! after that, reading was so easy it was like counting from 1,2,4.

Comment

Originally posted by -KULT- View Post
          If you come to California, thats all you'll practically see in shopping malls, grocery stores, gym, college campus.... is guys just trying to pick up chicks.

Comment

Originally posted by Juof View Post
            Eric Thomas secrets to success
            Good book. You would like John C. Maxwell as well.

Comment

A Women in Berlin.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                the autobiography of Malcolm X did it for me too, perhaps my all time favorite book. which Art of War are you speaking of, Machiavelli or Sun Tzu? i read the one by Sun Tzu and im not sure if i would say it changed my life but i certainly enjoyed it and learned from it. havent read the one by Machiavelli yet, but i enjoyed the Prince so i will definitely get to it. my to read list (which includes the Alchemist) is getting long though, Revolutionary Suicide by Huey P. Newton is next. i have high hopes for that one.
                Yeah, by Sun Tzu, The Prince by Machiavelli is one of my all time favs as well. Have you read 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene? I really recommend The Alchemist when you get a chance, it's a quick read as well, like less than 200 pages or so I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by fallen_ego View Post
                  Really? I read the book for kicks but his methods aren't really great. He basically tells you to go up to women and strike up random conversations that are kinda weird. The best person to learn game from ironically is the guy he bashed in the book, Owen Cook. He knows his ****.

I wouldn't come as far to say the book changed my life but it was a good read. Infact thats the only book i've read. It opened my door about the pickup society though I never try them lolx.

Originally posted by jtommy View Post
                  If you come to California, thats all you'll practically see in shopping malls, grocery stores, gym, college campus.... is guys just trying to pick up chicks.
                  As they say don't hate the player, hate the game.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                    Yeah, by Sun Tzu, The Prince by Machiavelli is one of my all time favs as well. Have you read 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene? I really recommend The Alchemist when you get a chance, it's a quick read as well, like less than 200 pages or so I believe.
                    i will definitely read the alchemist, soon probably. we have very cold winters up here, not a whole lot of stuff going on to begin with and i'm saving up money for two separate trips. so i reckon i will be doing a lot of reading in the next couple of months.

i haven't read 48 laws of power, i thought about it on several occasions but i'm still uncertain. it's obviously very popular and while i'm usually not into self help books this one does seem worthwhile provided it's any good. thing is heard a lot of bad things about it, that there aren't enough examples to really prove his points and that his laws contradict each other etc.

i'm still on the fence about that one and since i have such a pile of things to read (i tend to buy at least half a dozen books at a time) it will have to wait at least for now. it's been on my radar for a while though.

do you read any boxing related books? i can personally recommend "war, baby" and the thomas hearns autobiography if you are even a remote fan of the hitman. war, baby is about mcclellan vs benn, the lives of both men before during and after their fight.

Comment

The 48 laws of power did it for me. I never really thought too much about other people/how to move up in the world until I was in a similar situation with my job. I was getting better but not getting the credit for it and there were people doing less work who were higher up and one day I thought i've had enough of this, what can I do to change this etc. The book basically gives you laws to follow and use to deal with people/situations in order to advance yourself and get the best possible results (for example conceal your intentions, plan all the way to the end). Also how to deal with those who are trying to do this to you (don't commit to anyone, learn to keep people dependent on you). If you don't use other's they will use you.

It taught me a lot about how people think and how to deal with them. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is in a sales/business job where you negotiate, make deals etc. I think it can help you in any job to be aware and move up. I have a friend who has his own business and he said it was very helpful for him. Of course you're not meant to take them all literally (Crush your enemy totally, haha) and probably won't be able to use all of them but even if you can find 5 of them that you can use it will help you advance yourself and gain power.

Buy it here
                      Last edited by JK1700; 07-09-2017, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X