Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teen Girl's Petition Forces Coke To Drop Controversial Ingredient From All Drinks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    This is perhaps the silliest thing about foodspicary theories (like what I did there?). They make much about the alternative uses of the chemicals in food. "Ooh BVO is used in factories as a FLAME ******ANT!"

You know which chemical is the world's most widely used flame ******ant? Water.
    I think you meant "food-spiracy".

I believe sane folks would choose to drink plain water rather than to "knowingly" ingest a flame ******ant. That's just my guess. On second thought, many folks smoke cigarettes without a second thought.
    So, a little flame ******ant added to every puff shouldn't be all that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      This is perhaps the silliest thing about foodspicary theories (like what I did there?). They make much about the alternative uses of the chemicals in food. "Ooh BVO is used in factories as a FLAME ******ANT!"

You know which chemical is the world's most widely used flame ******ant? Water.
      You strike me as the type that would love a good dihydrogen monoxide enema.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        You strike me as the type that would love a good dihydrogen monoxide enema.
        It's a proven fact that every single person who has ever come into contact with dihydrogen monoxide has died. Even worse people who use dihydrogen monoxide EVEN ONCE have to continue using forever or they will die from withdrawal.

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
        I think you meant "food-spiracy".
        Haha yes, food-spicary looks slightly racist.

I believe sane folks would choose to drink plain water rather than to "knowingly" ingest a flame ******ant. That's just my guess. On second thought, many folks smoke cigarettes without a second thought.
        So, a little flame ******ant added to every puff shouldn't be all that bad.

That's sort of the point. This guy suffered ill effects from BVO after drinking up to 1600 calories of soda per day! It's like denying a condemned man a final cigarette because it's bad for his health.

Comment

Originally posted by spytactics View Post
          What a coincidence! That is the same aisle that I found your mother in!

Comment

I havent drink any soda since like 2005, nothing but water, and homemade lemonade, horchate, homemade tea, but mostly watered down koolaid talking 1 part per 10 parts water (It quenches my thrist better this way then normal).

Comment

I'm not worried about consuming a tiny bit of flame ******ant for every glass of something fizzy I drink. There's a difference between a glass or two a day and two to four litres like this idiotic, and almost definitely overweight, fuck was drinking.

You know what else can kill you in large amounts? Water. Drink 6 litres in an hour and see if you don't die.

And Carbon Monoxide and Methanol are both commonly found in the air in small amounts. Maybe we should take a rest from breathing for a few days. Ya know, clear it out of our systems. Or let's get the government to ban oxygen and breathing.

Honestly, it is impossible to live a completely sterile life. Suck it all up and enjoy it pussies.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedMurderer View Post
                I havent drink any soda since like 2005, nothing but water, and homemade lemonade, horchate, homemade tea, but mostly watered down koolaid talking 1 part per 10 parts water (It quenches my thrist better this way then normal).

Comment

I don't know much about this subject but if a European nation and Japan ban this, I think there's more than just people being paranoid.

If it can be removed, and not affect the quality of the drink then they should do it. I'm glad this young woman took the time to investigate it and make sure that at least the public is aware of what's in Coke.

I also just read that they are passing law requiring that we know what is a GMO. The public at least needs to know what they are consuming, it's our basic right as consumers.

Comment

Coke should put a label on the bottles like cigarettes do warning people of the harmful effects of drinking that stuff. That way when I'm enjoying a nice cold coke and a cigarette I fully know I'm killing myself

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                      I also just read that they are passing law requiring that we know what is a GMO. The public at least needs to know what they are consuming, it's our basic right as consumers.
                      What is the difference between GMO and non GMO products?

Comment

Working...
                      X