Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing is fixed and only ghetto people watch boxing!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he grew up watching boxing in the 60s/70s, then he feels that boxing is in a very poor state compared to what it was. There's truth to what he says, no matter how much people may want to deny it.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger Nasty View Post
      This is what I was told my an old country hick this morning. I wanted to hit him across the face with a hot frying pan but I didn't want him to see that he got on my nerves. I can't stand old people sometimes!
      That's ageist, bro. For someone who plays the race card at times, I'd think you'd be a little more open minded to discrimination.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        I will say this as a trainer. I'm working more and more with MMA fighters that want to learn better boxing.

Working with MMA fighters that come from more of a martial arts back ground, and collegiate wrestling background they are amazing to work with.

Never complain, are incredibly humble, even fukin bow to me out of respect. When I tell them to do something, they do it.

I think there is a street mentality to boxing that doesn't exist in MMA, and I sometimes hate working with boxers. Especially pro's who just have a **** attitude and act very ignorant.

You hardly ever see fist fights at MMA press conferences, you don't hear much trash talking. I mean it does happen once in a while but nothing like boxing.

5v5 MMA.. professional "jumping"

Comment

I will say this as a trainer. I'm working more and more with MMA fighters that want to learn better boxing.

Working with MMA fighters that come from more of a martial arts back ground, and collegiate wrestling background they are amazing to work with.

Never complain, are incredibly humble, even fukin bow to me out of respect. When I tell them to do something, they do it.

I think there is a street mentality to boxing that doesn't exist in MMA, and I sometimes hate working with boxers. Especially pro's who just have a **** attitude and act very ignorant.

You hardly ever see fist fights at MMA press conferences, you don't hear much trash talking. I mean it does happen once in a while but nothing like boxing.
          Because they eralize boxing is superior in all facets of "striking", with rare exceptions to certain tecniques in muay thai.

And to address your last statement, to be fair, that is mostly just drama to hype the fight, the weigh in fights etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger Nasty View Post
            This is what I was told my an old country hick this morning. I wanted to hit him across the face with a hot frying pan but I didn't want him to see that he got on my nerves. I can't stand old people sometimes!
            They have hicks in Canada? :thinking9:

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post

5v5 MMA.. professional "jumping"

You give two absurd examples and I'm telling you I see the difference as a trainer. I go to these gyms, I see the attitudes, I see the difference.

Sorry man, I love boxing through and through, but the truth is what it is. Boxing comes from the inner city where respect isn't given, MMA comes from a martial arts backgrounds where respect goes above all else.

Again, there's exceptions to the rule but I see it clear as day. By the way the second video isn't even MMA, it's some organized street fight but nice try...lol

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                Because they eralize boxing is superior in all facets of "striking", with rare exceptions to certain tecniques in muay thai.

And to address your last statement, to be fair, that is mostly just drama to hype the fight, the weigh in fights etc.
                What the fuk does boxers being better at boxing have to do with what we are talking about?

Guess what, kickboxers are better at kicking. Wrestlers are better at wrestling....all facets of striking?

A boxer can't kick with a martial artist, wtf are you talking about? lol

Comment

Sorry but I have been doing this for over a decade now and my assessment is dead on.

It's not just the fights at press conference, it's the trash talking leading up, the way boxers act. Look, I love boxing, it's what I love to do but I have to be honest.

Since working with MMA fighter, I can say it's a COMPLETELY different environment. I ask them to do something, they do it. They talk very respectfully, they have this martial arts vibe to them that doesn't exist in boxing.

Are there exceptions to the rule? Sure but for the most part it's night and day being in an MMA gym and boxing gym. Even sparring is completely different. We go to other MMA gyms to spar, they are very respectful and aren't trying to humiliate each other.

I have to be very careful where I take my boxers to spar because things can get completely out of line. I have heard the most cruel and vicious things in boxing gyms during sparring sessions. Talking bad about the kid getting beat up right in his face.

Sorry man, it's a totally different vibe.
                  Why even bring MMA up? No one gives a **** about it here..

Comment

You give two absurd examples and I'm telling you I see the difference as a trainer. I go to these gyms, I see the attitudes, I see the difference.

Sorry man, I love boxing through and through, but the truth is what it is. Boxing comes from the inner city where respect isn't given, MMA comes from a martial arts backgrounds where respect goes above all else.

Again, there's exceptions to the rule but I see it clear as day. By the way the second video isn't even MMA, it's some organized street fight but nice try...lol

Juss tryna bust your balls lmao.

Gotta admit, it was entertaining... kinna. It would be cool to watch Silva bust up Sonnen. But that second video was just fuc.ked up.

Comment

i totally understand what Cuah has been saying. i love the sport of boxing but i think it's too ghetto at times. sure it's the sport that involves a lot of money and it's a business thing for most part but the way it has been advertised and the way boxers now a days are acting is just not good with the young viewers.

MMA and Boxing is a two different sport but it's still both a sport of fighting. but like Cuah said MMA fighters are more humble and respectful. i believe it's because martial artists are nurtured that way from day one. when i was young i was introduced in martial arts and so did some of my friends. and from the first day the master would tell you one thing and it's to learn how to respect yourself and your opponent. when you go to a dojo or any gym that studies the art everyone in there is just trying to learn the art with discipline. i never heard any trash talking in there or any bad acts.

on the other hand i believe that the reason why majority of boxers are different is because most of the people involved in this sport came from the streets. the upbringing is different. the majority of people here are tough and they bring the street attitude with them which is being tough and not letting anyone step on their pride. and what i see in majority of boxers is that no matter how much money changes their appearance to look formal the street in them can never be changed.

Comment

Working...
                      X