Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think a time-travel machine is possible?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
    Honestly I was watching something, I think it was on Cosmos. It had something to do with light speed.

For example if you travel at light speed to let's say Andromeda, when you come back to earth it'll be like 500 years later and you'll have only aged a couple of years.

Same applies to wormholes. But as for a machine? I don't think so.
    Don't even fu.ck that way, that's fu.cked.

Comment

I like reading what people here has to say about interesting topics like this one. I expect the discussion to include terms like

speed of light ~ 300 000 000 m/s
      light year ~ 10 000 000 000 000 000 m
      andromeda galaxy ~ 2 500 000 light years away

Btw, the symbol ~ here means approximately since I can't find the appropriate symbol for it in my android.

Comment

Yes it is. I experimented by pushing the hand on my clock back and it worked. I got scared so i pushed it back to the correct time.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
          It takes 100 000 light years just to get out of our galaxy.

Comment

If it can be than it has already because time would be meaningless if someone in the future or past has already created one constantly changing the timeline and everything perpetually being disrupted makes all history pointless though you would be none the wiser since this historical timeline is reality for you.

Comment

Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
              Considering 'time' is just a man made abstract concept, Stephen hawking doesn't know wtf he is talking about.

But let me guess, Stephen hawking can't be wrong about anything
              Yes, while an obscure internet boxing forum lounge poster is clearly right

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                Seriously! Traveling at the speed of light, to a certain planet/galaxy when you return to Earth, much more time with pass on Earth than you have aged.

Theoretically time travel is possible. Just not in the way we perceive it.

We can't just pop up 500 years into the future.

Comment

Originally posted by kadyo View Post
                  It takes 100 000 light years just to get out of our galaxy.
                  2,500,000 light years to get out of the Milkey Way

Comment

Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
                    Considering 'time' is just a man made abstract concept, Stephen hawking doesn't know wtf he is talking about.

But let me guess, Stephen hawking can't be wrong about anything
                    Even Einstein admitted himself that the biggest mistake of his life was incorporating in his general theory of relativity a constant that would imply the universe was static.

Hawkings have committed a number of theoretical mistakes. the recent detection of gravitational waves by BICEPS2 debunk the theory stated by Hawkings in his book, a brief history of time, that the universe will reach a saturation point in its expansion and will shrink back.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                      2,500,000 light years to get out of the Milkey Way
                      No, that's the distance it will take to reach andromeda.

Comment

Working...
                      X