No announcement yet.

Favorite Movie Characters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Movie Characters

I am going with the master of one-liners, Pat Bateman.

Runner ups, in no particular order

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Senormous View Post
      I am going with the master of one-liners, Pat Bateman.

Not trying to be a **** but Patrick Bateman is more of a book character. His character in the film was essentially unchanged from the character in the novel.

I think a lot of people missed the point of that story, especially in the movie. He's supposed to be a pathetic and delusional trust-funder who is obsessed with fashion and all things trivial and day-dreamed a whole series of brutal slayings. But much of the audience thought that he was a cool murderer.

Anyway my favourite movie character is probably Han Solo from the original Star Wars Episode IV. He's a survivor, a criminal and a cold hearted motherfucker. He's trying to make a dime, get out of debt and carry on with his life, and he doesn't care who he has to fuck over to get it done. You see his character develop from this wild west cowboy who guns down a bounty hunter in a crowded bar and then strolls out, pausing only to casually throw a coin to the bartender saying "Sorry about the mess" to a guy who cares enough about his new friendship to turn around with the money he has to pay off his bounty and attack the fucking Death Star to save the day!

Yeah in that film Han Solo was a genuine badass. Until that **** Lucas monkeyed around with the footage to make him a good guy from the very start, thus destroying his character arc.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        Not trying to be a **** but Patrick Bateman is more of a book character. His character in the film was essentially unchanged from the character in the novel.

I think a lot of people missed the point of that story, especially in the movie. He's supposed to be a pathetic and delusional trust-funder who is obsessed with fashion and all things trivial and day-dreamed a whole series of brutal slayings. But much of the audience thought that he was a cool murderer.

Anyway my favourite movie character is probably Han Solo from the original Star Wars Episode IV. He's a survivor, a criminal and a cold hearted motherfucker. He's trying to make a dime, get out of debt and carry on with his life, and he doesn't care who he has to fuck over to get it done. You see his character develop from this wild west cowboy who guns down a bounty hunter in a crowded bar and then strolls out, pausing only to casually throw a coin to the bartender saying "Sorry about the mess" to a guy who cares enough about his new friendship to turn around with the money he has to pay off his bounty and attack the fucking Death Star to save the day!

Yeah in that film Han Solo was a genuine badass. Until that **** Lucas monkeyed around with the footage to make him a good guy from the very start, thus destroying his character arc.
        Do you mean the Greedo 'him shooting Han first' incident? I still think he comes across as a bastard even if Greedo shot first. But i get what u mean.

I always liked Clint in the 'Any Which Way' films. Coz he was so ****ing cool.

And of course....

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
          Do you mean the Greedo 'him shooting Han first' incident? I still think he comes across as a bastard even if Greedo shot first. But i get what u mean.
          Greedo didn't shoot at all. Han gunned down a dumb kid who thought he was badass in cold blood because that kid was in his way.

Comment

Greedo didn't shoot at all. Han gunned down a dumb kid who thought he was badass in cold blood because that kid was in his way.

+Travis Bickle

Comment

Oh yea, thats what i meant. Lucus changed it to Greedo shooting...and missing ffs!
              Originally posted by GeneralZod View Post

+Travis Bickle
              Arent you avoiding the obvious choice?

Comment

Great choice. I will never forget Jay's advice on women in Clerks. So deep...

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                  Oh yea, thats what i meant. Lucus changed it to Greedo shooting...and missing ffs!

Arent you avoiding the obvious choice?
                  Patrick Swayze from Road House?

Comment

Patrick Swayze from Road House?
                    No you ******ed space villain!!

I meant Tyson in The Hangover! U got him in your sig so....

Comment

Working...
                    X