No announcement yet.

Can somebody tell me how life was in the 80's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I remember.

-The economy was terrible for the first part of the 80's.
    I just remember my older brothers having a hard time getting decent jobs.

- Drinking and driving was pretty common. We would just drive around and get wasted in our cars. A cop pulled me over knew I was drunk and underage and told me to go to a restaurant to drink coffee.

-demise of Ali, Larry Holmes and the rise of Mike Tyson- such a huge buzz about him you just wouldn't believe. EVERYBODY knew him.

-My first paycheck I bought a pair of Jordan shoes and a red hawaiian themed Polo shirt and Polo cologne.

- Talented Olympians on the boxing teams from Whittaker, Carbajal, Breland, I for some reason liked Tyrell Biggs.

-The end of 15 round fights.

- The black box for cable and watching scrambly **** on tv.

- Big jamboxes with lights and everything screamed look at me.

- Pay phones

- Computers basically sucked. 10 RUN 20 GO TO....

-Afraid to go to the video store because I was really late on my VHS returns

-Ms. Pac Man

- Drive In's where you took your dates in daddy's oldsmobile.

Comment

How could I forget the Bears dominating that decade.

As far as I am concerned, Walter Payton was the closest thing to superman.

Comment

my father was in his 20s in 80s

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
          How could I forget the Bears dominating that decade.
          As far as I am concerned, Walter Payton was the closest thing to superman.
          I don't know about the decade but we all know about the 85 season..

Soul Train, Miami Vice, Alf...

PRPP

Comment

80's was a really great time! Really corny music but everyone loved it! The style and clothing was really flamboyant and pretty much gay into borderline cross dressing. You will never get that classic cheeseball era of movies, tv, music again it was like a real innocent/ignorant time back then. I think the women were a lot hotter back then if you watch the music videos and their video hoezz def better talent imo.

Today if you hit the 80's club chances are you will see a lot of hot women who are down! I went to an 80's club few years back and so many fine college aged chicks was on the D, but then again most of the guys in the club were either totally geeked out or gay as F too lol.

If you watch the party scenes in 80's movies you'll see it was a way more fun time!

Comment

Well in Glasgow, every Male child was either a 'Fairy' or a 'Jessie', Men spoke with their fists ( Not Literally )and every Woman pushing a Stroller wore High Heels and a Shell suit.

Magical times.

Comment

There was no internet, and the UK only had 4 tv stations.

I dont know how we survived.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                  From what I remember.

-The economy was terrible for the first part of the 80's.
                  I just remember my older brothers having a hard time getting decent jobs.

- Drinking and driving was pretty common. We would just drive around and get wasted in our cars. A cop pulled me over knew I was drunk and underage and told me to go to a restaurant to drink coffee.

-demise of Ali, Larry Holmes and the rise of Mike Tyson- such a huge buzz about him you just wouldn't believe. EVERYBODY knew him.

-My first paycheck I bought a pair of Jordan shoes and a red hawaiian themed Polo shirt and Polo cologne.

- Talented Olympians on the boxing teams from Whittaker, Carbajal, Breland, I for some reason liked Tyrell Biggs.

-The end of 15 round fights.

- The black box for cable and watching scrambly **** on tv.

- Big jamboxes with lights and everything screamed look at me.

- Pay phones

- Computers basically sucked. 10 RUN 20 GO TO....

-Afraid to go to the video store because I was really late on my VHS returns

-Ms. Pac Man

- Drive In's where you took your dates in daddy's oldsmobile.

old man alert!

Comment

I swear to God you guys are the funniest people on Earth.

Do you know what inspired this ATG thread? Hot Tub Time Machine

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      old man alert!
                      He actually beat Lennox Lewis!

Let's not talk about the pro ranks ie the Tyson fight.

Last edited by jreckoning; 03-28-2014, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X