Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Father shoots teen boy because of daughter...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    Harder to stab someone that shoot someone. That was my point. If you come at me with a knife, I'm going to run and can actually defend myself from a knife attack by picking something up and throwing it at you.
    Ever done any training in disarming? Because it's far safer to try and disarm someone of a firearm than it is a knife.

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    That's what the father said. What he was doing there was fukin his daughter. Was there a gun found? A knife?

Oh wait, maybe his feet and hands were the deadly weapon. Maybe he was a killer ninja trained in the fine art of the death touch!

hahaha
    You keep coming back to the fact that the kid didn't have a weapon on him. That is irrelevant. The fact that the dad had a reasonable belief that he did in fact have a weapon is what's important here.

I've asked this question about four times now: If I approach a police officer and make a furtive movement toward my belt, what is going to likely happen to me?

Comment

• If I couldn't defend myself from a teenager who is lying on the ground without having to shoot him I'd just go ahead and use the gun on myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kulilin View Post
        If I couldn't defend myself from a teenager who is lying on the ground without having to shoot him I'd just go ahead and shoot myself.
        Pretty much, I mean the terror that man must have felt. It must have been agonizing, he not only had the right to kill that vicious, murderous thug, but he should be given millions for his pain and suffering for having to go through that ordeal.

The nightmares he will have for the rest of his life will just add to his misery.

Comment

If I couldn't defend myself from a teenager who is lying on the ground without having to shoot him I'd just go ahead and use the gun on myself.
          Depends. Is he armed?

Comment

• Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
            Depends. Is he armed?
            When people break in with the intention of killing you they typically don't hide under the bed first. Why wouldnt he have grabbed his gun and shot the father as he entered instead of hiding under the bed and having to reach for it? Could it theoretically happen? Yes. Is is likely enough to happen that I would fear for my life and end up shooting him? No.

Comment

When people break in with the intention of killing you they typically don't hide under the bed first. Why wouldnt he have grabbed his gun and shot the father as he entered instead of hiding under the bed and having to reach for it? Could it theoretically happen? Yes. Is is likely enough to happen that I would fear for my life and end up shooting him? No.
              An intruder can break in with the intent to commit theft, and then end up killing the homeowner after encountering him.

The word "freeze" is about as much of a warning as any intruder is entitled to. Any movements they make after that imperil their life.
              Last edited by SBleeder; 03-24-2014, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
                An intruder can break in with the intent to commit theft, and then end up killing the homeowner after encountering him.
                Was he stealing dustbunnies? The daughter didnt scream for help and theres a man hiding under her bed in the midde of the night. Any reasonable person figures out the situation pretty quick. It seems this is another example of an overly paranoid person with a gun. Living with that amount of fear must be agonizing, he needs counseling.

Comment

Was he stealing dustbunnies? The daughter didnt scream for help and theres a man hiding under her bed in the midde of the night. Any reasonable person figures out the situation pretty quick. It seems this is another example of an overly paranoid person with a gun. Living with that amount of fear must be agonizing, he needs counseling.
                  Even if the dad surmised that the guy was there to be with his daughter, it doesn't dismiss the fact that he mate a furtive movement when ordered to freeze.

Call me paranoid if you wish, but anybody who is in my home without my permission at 2:00 a.m. had better explain themselves very, very quickly, and they had better remain motionless when ordered to do so.

Comment

• Im glad these statist authoritarians don't make the laws. The man had every reason to believe the man in his daughters room was an intruder and defended not only himself but his family as well. Those were his motivations and were corroborated by his daughter though she was lying. The indictment of this man for exercising his constitutional right to self defense shows an abhorrent disdain for the bill of rights held by these fascist liberals.

Comment

I think the dad wasn't paranoid or anything. The dad knew very well what was happening (kid was getting some from his daughter) and this was the dad's way of making sure this will never happen again. The whole I wasn't sure what he was hiding under the bed so when he moved I shot him is just a reason to try sd justify his actions. If the kid was inside the house to cause harm he would have the daughter as a hostage or something already.

Comment

Working...
                      X