Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Father shoots teen boy because of daughter...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    He wasn't though, was he?

Tell you what: Go into a police station with a plastic toy gun on your hip, and make a quick motion towards it right in front of a few officers.

And on your tombstone, we can write "Killed unjustly because he wasn't really armed".

Comment

• Originally posted by Evol View Post
      what exactly is he protecting his family/home from again?? dude was unarmed, a simple wtf are u doing here wouldnt hurt. now dont get me wrong, if his daughter was yelling and screaming for help then he has the right to do whatever but in this case dude thought he "heard" a sound, went to check his daughter's room and found a guy in the sheet with her. we've all done things like this when we were younger, though i have never snuck into any of my ex's house i know i've gone over there super late to pick her up, etc.
      You need to re-read the facts of this case. He was:

1. In the home without permission of the actual homeowner - Strike 1
      2. UNDER the bed, not in it - Strike 2
      3. According to the daughter, NOT an acquaintance of her's - Strike 3

If I encounter someone in my home at night that I have not invited in, hiding under my daughter's bed, and my daughter denies knowing him, I'm not going to wait to see if he's armed or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
        And you are NOT a murderer for killing a guy inside your house (daughter's room) specially one that nobody knew, as far as the owner of the house was concerned. Not his fault his daughter lied...the man was protecting his family/home from an intruder.

Damn women rights activists...
        He was unarmed, was no threat, was a legal guest in the house as he was invited to be a guest by a legal resident, and he was gunned down by a gun-happy moron who should not have had access to firearms.

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
        Tell you what: Go into a police station with a plastic toy gun on your hip, and make a quick motion towards it right in front of a few officers.

And on your tombstone, we can write "Killed unjustly because he wasn't really armed".
        Wait, so her dad was an on duty police officer, the kid was actually in a police station, and also appeared to be armed?

Oh, no wait, you've just outlined an entirely different set of circumstances that bear little resemblance to the one we are discussing!

Go back to doing your colouring, kid.

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post

If I encounter someone in my home at night that I have not invited in, hiding under my daughter's bed, and my daughter denies knowing him, I'm not going to wait to see if he's armed or not.
        He was unarmed and was invited into the home and was gunned down by a guy who really shouldn't even be allowed metal scissors, let alone a deadly weapon.

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post

Wait, so her dad was an on duty police officer, the kid was actually in a police station, and also appeared to be armed?

Oh, no wait, you've just outlined an entirely different set of circumstances that bear little resemblance to the one we are discussing!

Go back to doing your colouring, kid.
          No, her father was a civilian with the right to bear arms, and the right to protect his home from what he perceived as a threat.

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          He was unarmed and was invited into the home and was gunned down by a guy who really shouldn't even be allowed metal scissors, let alone a deadly weapon.
          And how was dad supposed to know he was unarmed? X-ray vision?

Comment

• Originally posted by SBleeder View Post

i understand that, but i also wouldnt just kill him right there on the spot. my point is that a simple what the hell are u doing here or who are u could have save all this from happening. would u still feel the same if that was ur son that got gun down by sneaking into his girl's room? would u just brush it off and said oh well it was his fault?

Comment

No, her father was a civilian with the right to bear arms, and the right to protect his home from what he perceived as a threat.
              And the backing of a manufacturer-led gun culture that not only permits, it lionizes gun violence.

Or looking. Or checking. Or telling him to lie on the ground face down while he called 911.

But no, better to shoot him dead. You'll be protected by your stupid backwards legal system.

Comment

hmm he could have tell dude to not move or he'll put a bullet in his head? maybe that would have help?? just straight out blasting the dude without any known reason is rediculous. i understand he felt he needed to protect his family but he doesnt even know what he's protecting his family from yet.

Comment

hmm he could have tell dude to not move or he'll put a bullet in his head? maybe that would have help?? just straight out blasting the dude without any known reason is rediculous. i understand he felt he needed to protect his family but he doesnt even know what he's protecting his family from yet.
                  Nobody has any business being in my house after sundown, period.

If I encounter someone in my house, I will make a reasonable effort to give them the chance to freeze. And by "reasonable effort", I mean a couple of seconds, tops.

Comment

would u still feel the same if that was ur son that got gun down by sneaking into his girl's room? would u just brush it off and said oh well it was his fault?
                    If it was my son? I'd be incredibly sad that he was killed, but I wouldn't blame the homeowner. My children will have the common sense to know that sneaking into someone's house at night might get them killed.

Comment

going to the police station with a toy gun and being caught in bed with someone's daughter is completely different LOL.

Comment

Working...
                      X