Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a boxing demonstration speech coming up...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a boxing demonstration speech coming up...

So I have to present a demonstration speech (a "How to") speech about how to throw a basic jab for my speech class. I am nervous as hell right now. Any tips? Advice? Information about the basic jab?

Whenever you say jab. Spell it out J-A-B. Make the speech more interesting and everyone will pay attention wondering wtf you are doing.

Comment

That sounds like the easiest speech in the history of speeches. You could probably BS your way through it, and get an A.

Explain the purpose of the jab. Why it's so important. How to throw the jab. Then BS for another 3-5 minutes about boxing.

Spend a good couple minutes on demonstrating the jab, and going over foot placement and all that BS, and have someone volunteer to try out what you showed them, and keep correcting them so you can eat up more time.

Comment

Don't wing out your elbow when you throw the jab, if you do a fellow fighter may laugh at you in his head.

Comment

Just show 'em some Wladimir fights.

Comment

Just whip out your c*ck and start running around the classroom while swinging it.

Jokes aside, I did a speech on why their should be amateur boxing in schools like there is football, baseball and basketball. I compared fatalities, injuries, and used programs in which boxing is used to keep angry kids off the streets, etc. It was a good speech. Very creative, my professor said she never heard it before, she said she hears the same speeches over and over, year after year.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
              Just show 'em some Wladimir fights.
              Great idea. Ignore my first post.

This what you do.

When you are called up, (have the vide0 ready beforehand) go up and situate yourself. Take a few looks around the class. DO NT SAY A WORD. After looking around for 15-20 seconsds, go to the computer and press play. You will be showing a Wlad fight. Allow the fight to finish up. Go up stop the video. Look around for another 15-20 seconds making eye contact with multiple people (each time you make eye contact with a new person get wide eyed). Bow, then go sit down. All this while never saying a word.

Comment

In my research of that speech I actually learned something new too, amateur boxing is one of the safest sports in the world.

Comment

Being a right twat, i'd ask for a volunteer, ktfo said poor volunteer, then be like "right you ****s i'm the alpha here ya'll be listening to me you mice.".....
                  Potentially they will hang on to every word you say in fear of straight right/left hook punishment

Or, they will run away, there's a chance of that....maybe just ignore me, are they grown-ups? Because if they where teens/kids it really wouldn't be a good idea so woops my bad...

Are they blind? If not then surely you can show an example and visually they could start off copying, whilst you observe and polish them....or is it all talk/theory and no practical?
                  This depends if their blind or not keep in mind....I no Yoda.

Comment

Give them a still jab, moving forward jab, moving backwards, hell even left and right if you want.

Give them flicking jabs, hard jabs and their reason for them.

You need to ****ing blow these ****ers mind with a single punch.

Comment

Working...
                    X