No announcement yet.

Living in Canada vs Australia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post

Really bro? Our city is growing and packed full of *****es, bars and clubs. You'd enjoy it. I rather live in spain or San juan, but overall torontos pretty good
    Why???????

Comment

Lived in both and Canada wins hands down for me although earning money is better in Oz and so is the weather. I couldn't stand how socially conservative australian tend to be even in the cities. Canadians are usually the coolest people you could meet....

Comment

Originally posted by Sharp_Shooter View Post
        Why???????
        I've travelled extensively and spain, particularly the south, was just amazing. Ive researched buying a property in seville or malaga and its dirt cheap, 100k for a nice place. I realize the economy is crap but as far as lifestyle, weather, people, food, dollar beers, and architecture goes,nothing beats it, for me.

Comment

Toronto consistently makes the Top 5 most livable cities year after year after year. Winter's are usually pretty mild compared to other parts of Canada.

Also Queen St. W in Toronto recently got voted the 2nd "coolest" neighborhood in the world.... Great, great spot to visit / bar hop at night if you're in the dot.

If you're a 19 year old female American tourist wanting to drink legally, Downtown also has one of the biggest clubbing districts in North America.
          Last edited by deliveryman; 11-06-2014, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post

Also Queen St. W in Toronto recently got voted the 2nd "coolest" neighborhood i
            For real? Cool as in hipster?

I guess I'm just out of touch with Toronto culture...I mean have always been around the downtown old Toronto core...went to UofT work at yonge and dundas, got friends near queen street, but always ended up going up town to eat etc...

Queen is too busy and hipstery for me personally. If we are talking about downtown downtown then I like King street a lot more cleaner and classier. Even college is a bit more laid back.

Queen is just dirty and again full of out of town emigre hipsters.

But I've always liked the St.Clair west strip, lots of nice latin restaurants and just far enough out of downtown that its not too crowded yet DT within arms reach.

Comment

Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
              For real? Cool as in hipster?

I guess I'm just out of touch with Toronto culture...I mean have always been around the downtown old Toronto core...went to UofT work at yonge and dundas, got friends near queen street, but always ended up going up town to eat etc...

Queen is too busy and hipstery for me personally. If we are talking about downtown downtown then I like King street a lot more cleaner and classier. Even college is a bit more laid back.

Queen is just dirty and again full of out of town emigre hipsters.

But I've always liked the St.Clair west strip, lots of nice latin restaurants and just far enough out of downtown that its not too crowded yet DT within arms reach.
              I'm with ya man, queen street is full of overpriced drinks and beards. The service at most places is **** because the people down there don't care and will put up with anything, hence the 14 ****tails. That's not to say all places are bad down there, some are legit good, I just find it vastly overrated and corny to be honest.

Comment

I've travelled extensively and spain, particularly the south, was just amazing. Ive researched buying a property in seville or malaga and its dirt cheap, 100k for a nice place. I realize the economy is crap but as far as lifestyle, weather, people, food, dollar beers, and architecture goes,nothing beats it, for me.
                Agreed. Lived in Spain for 6 months and loved every second.

Comment

At the end of the day: Different strokes for Different folks. There are winners and losers everywhere and everyone in Spain doesn't necessarily face the brunt of the crisis. So, it makes total sense if you know what you're doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom View Post
                    Lived in both and Canada wins hands down for me although earning money is better in Oz and so is the weather. I couldn't stand how socially conservative australian tend to be even in the cities. Canadians are usually the coolest people you could meet....
                    Even in small towns you'd think people are close minded, but really the nicest people you'd ever meet in Canada are from country areas. As if city people weren't chill enough lol. I love it, but when I say Australia I just want to live out for a year max and experience life from a different angle.

Comment

Working...
                    X