NME releases "500 greatest songs of all time"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QUEEN MEAT View Post
    i just listened to that donna summer song.. that song is kinda experimental
    An asian violinist Vanessa Mae revived it and it was horrible. And believe it or not the chilli peppers also had their own version.

Comment

It's a classic IMO:

Comment

NME has a hard-on for "indie" music.

Which is why you'll always find the likes of The Libertines, Arctic Monkeys, The Strokes, The Stone Roses, Oasis ranked so highly in every kinda list. Best songs, albums, bands you name it.

What baffles me about the Top 500 Albums list that Laddie posted was the inclusion of Kanye West, Babyshambles and Kendrick Lamar albums. Really? Those guys have made some of the best albums of all time?

What annoyed me more was the fact The Streets, Arcade Fire and Kings of Leon had a few entries each.

I can see bands like The Beatles, Led Zep and The Rolling Stones having a few entries. But those guys?

Comment

Originally posted by Sane Man View Post
          NME has a hard-on for "indie" music.

Which is why you'll always find the likes of The Libertines, Arctic Monkeys, The Strokes, The Stone Roses, Oasis ranked so highly in every kinda list. Best songs, albums, bands you name it.

What baffles me about the Top 500 Albums list that Laddie posted was the inclusion of Kanye West, Babyshambles and Kendrick Lamar albums. Really? Those guys have made some of the best albums of all time?

What annoyed me more was the fact The Streets, Arcade Fire and Kings of Leon had a few entries each.

I can see bands like The Beatles, Led Zep and The Rolling Stones having a few entries. But those guys?
          Ever listen to Good Kid M.A.A.d City? Great album. And yeah Funeral by Arcade Fire deserves to be highly placed in any best albums list.

Comment

Horrible list........This is the best song ever.

Comment

teen spirit is the g.o.a.t. rock song. i don't care what anyone says.

Comment

i really dont give much weight to lists (or rankings) such as this one...

im confident enough of my tastes and sensibilities to know for myself whats good, better or best...

case in point, i feel jimi hendrix's "are you experienced" and bob marley's "waiting in vain" a "greater" song thaan what was judged as number 1...

Comment

If I had to listen to Nirvana I'd drive a rusty icepick through my eardrums repeatedly

Comment

Here's the full Issue in PDF Format:

http://uploaded.net/file/u6e0ivrb/NM...bruary2014.pdf

Thanks to the poster, Maciety, for the link.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                      You're an "NSB God"? What does that mean, you're the Deity of 10,000 Floyd vs Manny threads?
                      He is 4 corners. Hip to be square.

Comment

Working...
                      X