Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bill Nye Debates Ken Ham on Creationism..LIVE on Youtube tonight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    Lol watch the debate

Noahs flood is not literal? cmon
    If you are asking my opinion on this, I will give it.

I actually think it was a local flood, based on the context in genesis.

Also, I think that's were most creationist mess up. They assume the bible says one thing when it does not. No where in the bible does it state or imply that the earth is 6k years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Khalid View Post
      This debate is equivalent to me arguing that "if humans came from monkeys, why isn't it still happening".

Never mind the fact that this statement has been explained, and this myth has been debunked.
      Myth? The entire bible is a myth. Humans never came from monkeys as well

Noah's flood and the age of the earth is determined by a lineage from Genesis.

Comment

If you are asking my opinion on this, I will give it.

I actually think it was a local flood, based on the context in genesis.

Also, I think that's were most creationist mess up. They assume the bible says one thing when it does not. No where in the bible does it state or imply that the earth is 6k years old.
        Based on what context? Every creationist it seems has their own context. Ive read the local flood interpretation and it grasps more straws than the global flood myth

The age is estimated on a lineage

Comment

Myth? The entire bible is a myth. Humans never came from monkeys as well

Noah's flood and the age of the earth is determined by a lineage from Genesis.

Of course they didn't (humans come from monkeys) and science says no such thing.

However, I hear creationist still make this point, even though it has been explained to them numerous times.

Also, I'm aware as to why they (creationist) think those things are true (earth being 6k years old etc) but the bible still doesn't state that or even imply it.

You can't even determine the age of the earth based off of lineage, which creationist have tried to do, for several reasons.

Comment

Based on what context? Every creationist it seems has their own context. Ive read the local flood interpretation and it grasps more straws than the global flood myth

The age is estimated on a lineage
            The context of the bible and what was going on at that time.

Humans weren't spread out across the globe prior to the flood.

What sense would it make to flood the entire earth, given that point?

I'll give you an example:

Let's say you are in a minor accident in which you mess up your bumper.

Are you gonna:
            A) replace that particular piece of our car, while sectioning off and repainting the damaged area.

or

B) Run your car into a river and go refinance another one.

So yes, given the context of genesis, why would God flood the entire earth, instead of using a local flood to wipe out the population of humans in that area?

BTW I admit I might be wrong, but this is just me using reasoning as to what actually happened in genesis during the great flood.
            Last edited by Khalid X; 02-07-2014, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Of course they didn't (humans come from monkeys) and science says no such thing.

However, I hear creationist still make this point, even though it has been explained to them numerous times.
              No surprise there really, they also think God created everything and that there's proof. Those silly creationist
              Also, I'm aware as to why they (creationist) think those things are true (earth being 6k years old etc) but the bible still doesn't state that or even imply it.

You can't even determine the age of the earth based off of lineage, which creationist have tried to do, for several reasons.
              Obviously you cant because its all a fairy tale, but why exactly cant you follow the lineage as they do? Obviously the Bible doenst state that since every year, the earth is 1 year older

Comment

The context of the bible and what was going on at that time.

Humans weren't spread out across the globe prior to the flood.

What sense would it make to flood the entire earth, given that point?
                Except they were

Comment

Except they were
                  I'm pretty sure I know where you are going with this, but before I make assumptions I will let you explain your point?

Comment

No surprise there really, they also think God created everything and that there's proof. Those silly creationist

Obviously you cant because its all a fairy tale, but why exactly cant you follow the lineage as they do? Obviously the Bible doenst state that since every year, the earth is 1 year older
                    First, those creation days weren't literal 24 hour periods. So we have no idea to determine how long each of those days were.If you would like me to further explain, I would be more than happy to.

Second, if you notice (or even care to read), those lineages leading to Jesus, were all different. Why? Because there were different ways, back then, of counting/determining lineages.

Yes, the modern approach is from son to mother/father to grandparent to great grandparent.

However, if you do the research, you will find that wasn't the case in ancient times.....hence different lineages in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brother Khalid View Post
                      I'm pretty sure I know where you are going with this, but before I make assumptions I will let you explain your point?
                      Whats the point of a local flood when there are humans all around the world

Comment

Working...
                      X