Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peyton Manning's legacy: Choker or Champion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    And you people are crazy if you don't think Brady or Rodgers or Brees would have done better. Brees did do better in these playoffs. Kaepernick was pretty good until the 4th, when he fell apart and made two stupid throws.

The Broncos didn't just have a bad day yesterday against one of the best defenses we've ever seen in a Super Bowl. They fell completely apart and embarrassed themselves. Other QBs may lose, they may lose big, but they wouldn't do so in one of the worst ways imaginable like the Broncos offense did. The Broncos offense offered one of the most pathetic efforts you'll ever see.
    Different teams though. Brees and Kap were on much more physical teams and could be physical with Seattle. You put Brees, Kap or Brady on that Broncos team and they get destroyed just the same.

Football is a team game and the Seahawks played phenomenal in all three phases

Comment

I'd say choker. Certainly not champion he only won one super bowl.

The whole offense choked which by association Manning choked as well. Not to take anything away from Seattle because they thoroughly dominated, but the fact that Denver looked so defeated by the 2nd quarter where they were only throwing screen passes and afraid to gain any momentum back just looked so dreadful.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
        I'd say choker. Certainly not champion he only won one super bowl.

The whole offense choked which by association Manning choked as well. Not to take anything away from Seattle because they thoroughly dominated, but the fact that Denver looked so defeated by the 2nd quarter where they were only throwing screen passes and afraid to gain any momentum back just looked so dreadful.
        Blame that on the scared receivers.

And the fact that the D line reminded me of the zombies from 28 days later.
        Last edited by BUNGALOWS; 02-03-2014, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
          Blame that on the scared receivers.

And the fact that the D line reminded me of the zombies from 28 days later.
          Blame it just as much on scared Peyton.

Comment

I do. He was getting rushed like crazy, and that defense was too fast for the Broncos.

Comment

And who scared or rattled Manning? Seattle's defense.

Even now it doesn't seem people truly understand how great this defense is. They were the first team since the 85 bears to lead in yards allowed, points allowed and turnovers. Pete Carroll and Schneider have built something very special here. I mean there defense hasn't given up 20 points since week 11.
              Last edited by ИATAS; 02-03-2014, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post

Even now it doesn't seem people truly understand how great this defense is. They were the first team since the 85 bears to lead in yards allowed, points allowed and turnovers. Pete Carroll and Schneider have built something very special here. I mean there defense hasn't given up 20 points since week 11.
                Both can be true. The Seahawks are an ATG defense, but the Broncos laid one of the most shocking eggs in NFL history at the same time. That's why the score was 43-8, instead of 34-10 or something with decent action both ways. Peyton and his receivers completely freaked out, and that's inexcusable of a team in the Super bowl.

Comment

Different teams though. Brees and Kap were on much more physical teams and could be physical with Seattle. You put Brees, Kap or Brady on that Broncos team and they get destroyed just the same.

Football is a team game and the Seahawks played phenomenal in all three phases
                  You put Brady on that Broncos team, and they would probably still lose but they're not getting blown out by 35 points.

Comment

Lots of Manning choked talk and not enough props to that incredible D. I knew we were going to win, but not in that fashion. Damn! Manning and his receivers live off of YAC's. The way our LB'ers and safeties flow to the ball, that just wasn't happening. And then take away Manning's ability to adjust at the line, and you take away his greatest strength. Also when will people learn that physicality>finesse.

BTW...you going to the parade on Wednesday? I went up to Pioneer Square last night but had to dip out cuz there was way too many idiots acting up there.

Comment

Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
                      Lots of Manning choked talk and not enough props to that incredible D. I knew we were going to win, but not in that fashion. Damn! Manning and his receivers live off of YAC's. The way our LB'ers and safeties flow to the ball, that just wasn't happening. And then take away Manning's ability to adjust at the line, and you take away his greatest strength. Also when will people learn that physicality>finesse.

BTW...you going to the parade on Wednesday? I went up to Pioneer Square last night but had to dip out cuz there was way too many idiots acting up there.
                      I'm going to try to man, gotta see if work gives me the day off. Should be a state wide holiday, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X