Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jessie eisenberg cast as lex luthor for Batman vs Superman.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It could work out. I don't know what is people's problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Pez View Post
      i hope we get another surprise performance like ledger as joker, that turned out great.
      Mark Ruffalo(Hulk) and Heath Ledger(Joker) come to mind. Everyone always has to be so insulting towards a casting but then have nothing but praise for them. They should just STFU and criticize AFTER the god damn film over.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Mark Ruffalo(Hulk) and Heath Ledger(Joker) come to mind. Everyone always has to be so insulting towards a casting but then have nothing but praise for them. They should just STFU and criticize AFTER the god damn film over.
        Ruffalo, really? Playing Bruce Banner isn't some amazing feat.

Lex Luthor is a staple character in the Superman franchise, and the best they can come up with is Jesse Eisenberg?

Again, Heath Ledger wasn't corny, and once the leaked pics of Joker came out, people were on board like crazy.

Jesse Eisenberg has no potential as Lex Luthor. This is just like when they got Topher Grace to play Eddie Brock.

Comment

Are you really comparing Heath ledger to this guy who is always the same frikking guy in every damn movie? No matter who he is playing even in "Now you see me" He always comes off as this nervous little annoying fk. If he pulls out Lex Luthor then he has some acting chops we have never seen which isn't the case with both guys you mentioned everyone knew their range. Unless Lex Luthor is going to be a nervous annoying little fk in which case great casting.

Comment

I don't see at all how its comparable to Ledger playing the joker.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
              Ruffalo, really? Playing Bruce Banner isn't some amazing feat.

Lex Luthor is a staple character in the Superman franchise, and the best they can come up with is Jesse Eisenberg?

Again, Heath Ledger wasn't corny, and once the leaked pics of Joker came out, people were on board like crazy.

Jesse Eisenberg has no potential as Lex Luthor. This is just like when they got Topher Grace to play Eddie Brock.
              Ruffalo was bashed to no end for being picked as the Hulk, he proved every one wrong, lots of critics were praising him after the film.

All I see is a bunch of cornballs in here criticizing actors before they even see them in the role. Criticize after the film, not before. Who cares who he is in other films, you don't know what an actor is capable of in difficult roles.

Watch all of you same corny critics be in here saying 'he actually didn't do a bad job'. I don't know much about Eisenberg, just seen a couple of movies and never was impressed. But being a big fan of films, and watching films from the 70s-90s at an early age, I know an actor can pull off the upset in a role where critics thought he/she couldn't pull off.

Comment

Ruffalo was bashed to no end for being picked as the Hulk, he proved every one wrong, lots of critics were praising him after the film.

All I see is a bunch of cornballs in here criticizing actors before they even see them in the role. Criticize after the film, not before. Who cares who he is in other films, you don't know what an actor is capable of in difficult roles.

Watch all of you same corny critics be in here saying 'he actually didn't do a bad job'. I don't know much about Eisenberg, just seen a couple of movies and never was impressed. But being a big fan of films, and watching films from the 70s-90s at an early age, I know an actor can pull off the upset in a role where critics thought he/she couldn't pull off.
                Eisenburg is about 15-30 years too young, and 50 lbs. underweight for the role. That's what the problem is. And his pigeonholed roles DO make an impact on his performance.

Lex Luthor is supposed to be a MAN that can out think and duel with Superman. I'm sorry, but Eisenburg doesn't bring that out in me, regardless of how well he plays a role.

Comment

Not saying he should be Lex Luthor, but when I think of Lex Luthor, I think of someone that looks like this.

Comment

Give him a chance, then criticize him after the film if he fails to impress you.

Michael Rosenbaum was skinny and young looking in Smallville as Lex Luthor, in a very successful series that ran through 10 years, 10 seasons, Michael Rosenbaum was probably the Smallville favorite. Many fans would agree that the show went down hill once he left at season 7. On top of that Luthor is supposed to be a rich guy with above average smarts and vast amount of resources. He is not supposed to be like Bane or something like that.

Eisenberg has a resemblance to Rosenbaum I can see what they are going to try to do with him. It appears to me as if Nolan will use Eisenberg as a semi young Luthor who just started his beef with Superman. It doesn't look like what you are thinking, that Lex Luthor is already going to be beefing with Superman for years. It looks like it will kind of, but not really, be the origins of Lex vs Superman. The only thing that throws me off is why bring Batman into this, as if Batman doesn't already have its own successful series from 2005-2012, and Wonder Woman is even more confusing.

Otherwise, Eisenberg and Cavill as Superman vs Lex Luthor is interesting, especially if they go the route of having their beef just started, not that Superman already knows that Lex is .

Comment

Give him a chance, then criticize him after the film if he fails to impress you.

Michael Rosenbaum was skinny and young looking in Smallville as Lex Luthor, in a very successful series that ran through 10 years, 10 seasons, Michael Rosenbaum was probably the Smallville favorite. Many fans would agree that the show went down hill once he left at season 7. On top of that Luthor is supposed to be a rich guy with above average smarts and vast amount of resources. He is not supposed to be like Bane or something like that.

Eisenberg has a resemblance to Rosenbaum I can see what they are going to try to do with him. It appears to me as if Nolan will use Eisenberg as a semi young Luthor who just started his beef with Superman. It doesn't look like what you are thinking, that Lex Luthor is already going to be beefing with Superman for years. It looks like it will kind of, but not really, be the origins of Lex vs Superman. The only thing that throws me off is why bring Batman into this, as if Batman doesn't already have its own successful series from 2005-2012, and Wonder Woman is even more confusing.

Otherwise, Eisenberg and Cavill as Superman vs Lex Luthor is interesting, especially if they go the route of having their beef just started, not that Superman already knows that Lex is .
                      I completely uinderstand the young Lex Luthor that just started his beef with Superman angle, but even then, Eisenberg doesn't cut it compared to the plethora of really good young actors that can probably play Luthor.

Look at the guy that played Bane, when he was in the Star Trek movie. Even he'd make a better Luthor.

My point isn't that Eisenberg is a scrub actor. My point is, ANYONE but him.

It's like Hollywood loves to troll us with some of their acting choices.

Yes, Tobey Maguire ended up being a good Spiderman, but that's only because Tobey Maguire's the only one that got to play that role in the Spiderman series.

The point is, Eisenberg probably has great connections in the industry, and obviously has a very good agent.

Comment

Working...
                      X