Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rapper Lord Jamar is mad at Macklemore says white people have no place in hiphop

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nubian View Post
    Shut up. I won't waste any more time with you you've had enough of my attention to tide you over..

Comment

The funny thing is that he wants them out of the HipHop industry but will sure take the money from any fan that is willing to pay

Comment

Originally posted by nubian View Post

Your a coward what is it with white Americans the dominant race playing the victim nowadays?

Comment

Some of you are really running with this. Did you actually listen/watch the video or are some just listening to audio bits? He's done several interviews along with this one where he specifically states in this vid & others that whites are guests in hip hop. He never said there wasn't a place for whites in hip hop. Some of you guys are funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Knicksman20 View Post
            Some of you are really running with this. Did you actually listen/watch the video or are some just listening to audio bits? He's done several interviews along with this one where he specifically states in this vid & others that whites are guests in hip hop. He never said there wasn't a place for whites in hip hop. Some of you guys are funny.

So blacks are guests in the modern society that Europeans set the standard for? Blacks are guests in rock? I watched the whole piece and just because Ra the Rugged man agrees, it's a ridiculous concept.

Hip Hop transcends race and borders, there's French, Japanese, Mexican and everything in between rapping in the world. Are they guests too?

He's ignorant and bitter most likely because he sees the financial success of these white rappers, and thinks that some of that money is due to him.

Comment

lol. what the **** is the gay agenda? people who think that they should have the same rights that straight couples do? i see no reason why they shouldn't. anyone who thinks there's an agenda is just afraid that they secretly want a dick in the booty.

****phobia in hip hop is funny as **** though. every time i hear someone ***** about gay **** they just show everyone who they truly are given how ingrained prison culture is in some aspects of rap.
              Last edited by AntonTheMeh; 01-29-2014, 10:44 AM. Reason: type o's

Comment

What an ignorant fool.

Comment

lord jamar is a respected old school rapper. he happens to be wrong, but i see his point about these white rappers.

If i'm listening to blues music...im not gonna be listening to white people playing it. WTF do white people have to be blue about? GTFOH!!!!

There is a certain authenticity when blacks create music because they have a genuine experience of being downtrodden, oppressed, etc whereas white suburban hip hop is just straight up corny.

Now you have the so called gay agenda politicizing it? I'm all for tolerance and anti-hate but its not something I wanna listen to in music. to each his own!

at the end of the day, music is art, and its very subjective. no opinion is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by devildg View Post
                    lord jamar is a respected old school rapper. he happens to be wrong, but i see his point about these white rappers.

If i'm listening to blues music...im not gonna be listening to white people playing it. WTF do white people have to be blue about? GTFOH!!!!

There is a certain authenticity when blacks create music because they have a genuine experience of being downtrodden, oppressed, etc whereas white suburban hip hop is just straight up corny.
                    Black people are not oppressed in the USA today.

Now you have the so called gay agenda politicizing it? I'm all for tolerance and anti-hate but its not something I wanna listen to in music. to each his own!
                    Last edited by takingaim; 01-29-2014, 11:46 AM.

Comment

at the end of the day, music is art, and its very subjective. no opinion is wrong.
                      I see you are as stupid as Jamar is. First off, do you think that white people don't get Blues because they didn't suffer like black people?

What year are you fukin living in? If it was in the time of when the blues originated, then you might have a point. Do you think white people don't suffer? What do you think country is?

The problem with your point about subjectivity is that he's not judging the music. He admitted that he likes Mackelmore, and other white rap artists. The problem is that he thinks just because they are of a lighter shade of skin, that somehow they will never be admitted in this exclusive club of hip hop that only black people are entitled to.

Sorry, it's 2014 not 1980. Hip hop has transcended race, nationality, gender and even sexual orientation. The funny thing is, I'm a huge Brand Nubian fan, but if you want to get down to the reality of the situation. Eminem will have a larger place in hip hop history than Lord Jamar will ever have and I'm sure that will be something that bothers him to the day he dies.

Ironic isn't it....

Comment

Working...
                      X