No announcement yet.

Any Chronic Pain Sufferers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    i don't think it's the most effective, but the lack of side effects are what i think makes it so appealing. let's be real. you can probably take enough morphine to make any nasty [non life threatening,] injury feel pleasant. you can't do that with weed.

enough morphine can kill you. even reasonable doses will have hugely negative effects on your health over time. if you smoke a ton of weed you're going to get a headache, and eventually fall asleep. the greatest casualty would be the half dozen doughnuts you trucked through.
    I don't think anyone would get prescribed morphine for chronic pain.

Comment

So the general consensus here is stick with the drugs? Oh and one vote for physical therapy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
        I don't think anyone would get prescribed morphine for chronic pain.
        My father in law had a morphine pump installed inside his body. He had a motorcycle accident, and was taking pain medication for so long (20 years) that having the pump was the only way to deliver narcotic pain relief.

Comment

physical therapy vote here.

It can have anywhere from a marginal to significant impact. Always worth a shot if your insurance covers it.

Comment

Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
            You must not have been on them for that long?
            I was for a few months at least - regularly! But every time I would come off of them I would sleep deeply for a day or so but be fine. If you are talking higher doses of oxycontin then yeah, withdrawal for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              i have lyme disease. it was pretty far advanced before i caught it. i get joint pain, but it's not unbearable. the heart palpitations are what scare me. down the road i may be f#cked, but i always have the option of putting a gun in my mouth. i take comfort in that.

i'm still one of the best athletes any of you will ever be around extensively, so don't get any ideas.
              please fool. I am nearly 40 and I bet I am faster than you. And my stamin ain't bad either.

sorry about the lyme disease though. what the heck does it do to you?

Comment

Working...
              X