No announcement yet.

Any Chronic Pain Sufferers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Chronic Pain Sufferers

Does anybody deal with any injuries or illnesses that leave you with daily persistent pain?

What sort of treatment do you receive, and what do you find most effective for your specific pain related issue or ailment?

I have chronic back pain, had an MRI and X-ray that were unable to point to anything conclusive as being the source of the pain.

I have lost 35 pounds in the past 6 months thinking that would help, as well as various other changes aimed to relieve pain, but nothing really gets rid of it.

My back is a sorts of ****ed up due to the military. I was prescriped Percocet but kinda sorta started abusing them so I stopped lol.

Honestly I don't take anything anymore. Just some vs icy hot or Advil if it's bad.

I'm assuming yours is much worse though; go to your doctor and see if he can give you a pain killer. I must warn you though they are addictive and that ****s not fun.

Comment

Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
      Does anybody deal with any injuries or illnesses that leave you with daily persistent pain?

What sort of treatment do you receive, and what do you find most effective for your specific pain related issue or ailment?

I have chronic back pain, had an MRI and X-ray that were unable to point to anything conclusive as being the source of the pain.

I have lost 35 pounds in the past 6 months thinking that would help, as well as various other changes aimed to relieve pain, but nothing really gets rid of it.
      i had back pain for years physical therapy fixed it

Comment

shoulder calcification - both arms.

sciatic nerves in my back.

i am prescribed all kinds of stuff.

arthrotec 75 aka diclofenac

codeine phosphate 30mg (without the tylenol)

Baclofen (muscle relaxant).

i use them all throughout the winter but in the summer, when I spend all my time outside, i usually only have to use the anti-inflammatory.

Oh. and I have special inserts for my shoes. They take a lot of the pressure off the lower back. RICKEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

I would advise you see a chiropodist. Your feet may be the origin of your back problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
          My back is a sorts of ****ed up due to the military. I was prescriped Percocet but kinda sorta started abusing them so I stopped lol.

Honestly I don't take anything anymore. Just some vs icy hot or Advil if it's bad.

I'm assuming yours is much worse though; go to your doctor and see if he can give you a pain killer. I must warn you though they are addictive and that ****s not fun.
          there was a time I had my doctor conned into giving me 240 percocets per month. I was in a bit of pain but not that sort of pain. I would sell half and easily eat the other half like skittles. Then he told me to go eff myself. And changed it to the codeine....no potential for any real abuse with that ****.

Percocets are like getting a hug from God - if there were one.

Comment

Me. I get chronic pain constantly from my accident, and I am not lying when I say I have not had a good nights sleep in 19 years.

Sciatic Nerve, Hip, Right Knee, Ankles. Constant reminders and an ongoing struggle to even want to stick around in this life.

Comment

damn! what accident? that is if you want to get into it on here....

Comment

I have arthritis. Not too bad right now, but am worried it will get worse when I get older.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post

I've been prescribed Norco from the PM doctor for 2 years. Before that I used to abuse Dilaudid so I know what I'm messing with and am trying to steer away from the painkillers. But that's what works at the moment.

How was stopping the percs? Did you wean down? how was the WD?

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                    i had back pain for years physical therapy fixed it
                    Disc-related, spine, muscle?

And what do they have you do? Range of motion and what not? I'd like to try P.T. but I can't get a proper diagnosis to see what's the cause.

I keep getting medical devices and all kinds of other BS that are proven to be no better than placebo.

It feels like they want to keep you in pain/hooked on meds. Perfect business model.

Comment

Working...
                    X