Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could David Haye have made everyone think he was the best fighter in the world?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
    Why would anyone care about Haye lol Wlad already beat him.

I'm talking about Pacquiao beating Mayweather.
    They both cherrypick good style matches for themselves and are talked about too much I just want them to go away my point is Haye could have been a world wide star without ever stepping into a pro ring.

Comment

Is this '09?

Back then, yeah, Pac maybe had a shot.

We are in '14.

Put a few good undercards on it, sell it for $100. I'd buy it.

Mayweather beats him. And by a wide margin.

Comment

Bruce Lee had respected martial artists saying he beat them and he was the best fighter. Not sure how true that was but this was a documentary.

Comment

i'm just glad that others recognize that bruce lee was an actor.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
            They both cherrypick good style matches for themselves and are talked about too much I just want them to go away my point is Haye could have been a world wide star without ever stepping into a pro ring.
            Same, unfortunately we're going to have put up with them for probably another half-decade or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
              If he didn't actually box but like Bruce Lee was an actor as he really wants to be and just made a bunch of movies where he was fighting then said he was the best in the world, could beat anyone on Earth maybe beyond like he already did, all while just having a couple AM fights and training vids floating around?

I mean he had alot of people thinking he was going to destroy Wlad and do it early for no real reason but the guy is a fantastic actor and salesman he may have made the most money in boxing while doing the least amount of actual work......I think its admirable

Thoughts?
              I don't think it would work. There's an actual format for boxers to be able to test how good they are and to prove that they're the best whereas for martial artists, especially in the 70s, there was no venue to explore this, and that's what enabled the mythology of invulnerability evolve around Bruce Lee. I don't think you'll ever have another Bruce Lee legend because we now have MMA, a venue for martial artists to test their ability. And I don't think Bruce Lee would beat a single professional in Mixed Martial Arts.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                I don't think it would work. There's an actual format for boxers to be able to test how good they are and to prove that they're the best whereas for martial artists, especially in the 70s, there was no venue to explore this, and that's what enabled the mythology of invulnerability evolve around Bruce Lee. I don't think you'll ever have another Bruce Lee legend because we now have MMA, a venue for martial artists to test their ability. And I don't think Bruce Lee would beat a single professional in Mixed Martial Arts.
                that... was actually a good post

Bruce lee is more like Floyd Mayweather. Floyd, Like Bruce, has an air of invulnerability because he hasn't tested himself against the best since Castillo.

Floyd is more of a businessman than a fighter, and Bruce is more of a philosophical martial artist than a fighter. The real fighters are on the battlefield.
                Last edited by DARKSEID; 01-05-2014, 09:29 AM.

Comment

How the **** did this thread turn into a Pacquiao-Mayweather discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Paine View Post
                    How the **** did this thread turn into a Pacquiao-Mayweather discussion.
                    ahh I love the Bill of Rights. There's nothing like the freedom of speech. It must suck where you're from where they control what you say.

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
                      that... was actually a good post

Bruce lee is more like Floyd Mayweather. Floyd, Like Bruce, has an air of invulnerability because he hasn't tested himself against the best since Castillo.

Floyd is more of a businessman than a fighter, and Bruce is more of a philosophical martial artist than a fighter. The real fighters are on the battlefield.
                      This has nothing to do with Floyd Mayweather who has, by definition, tested himself against other fighters continually throughout his career. There is no analogue between the actor Bruce Lee and the professional fighter Floyd Mayweather. If you really want to discuss Floyd Mayweather there are plenty of threads in NSB where you can do so.. Better yet you could send an email to one of those spam email addresses that start with "donotreply" with your thoughts, where you have a better chance of someone actually reading them.

Comment

Working...
                      X