No announcement yet.

NFL with their stupid analysis once again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
    Don't know about GOATS, but I've listened to Jim Kelly (loser of 4 SB's with Bills)
    talk about how he, Elway and Marino would play golf, and how Elway would WEAR HIS SB rings, and how much that ate at both him and Marino.

You'd better believe that Marino would trade some stats for a SB ring.
    Exactly!!!!

This stupid ass logic that STATS>>>>>>>SB RINGS and SB MVP'S completely makes no sense.

Marino over Eli Manning???

Marino over Rodgers?

Marino over Brees?

LOL Thats like arguing Charles Barkley and Karl Malone>>>Kobe Bryant and Lebron James

WTF?????

IDGAF IF ELI IS INCONSISTENT, FACT IS HE GOT 2 SB AND 2 SB MVP'S stomping out the greatest QB of his era.....TWICE

YET SOMEHOW SOME MORON WOULD PUT MARINO OVER ELI BECAUSE OF......STATS???

ROFL

It aint Eli's problem that Marino didnt get the best tools because of inept front office, **** happens.

Comment

The Colts had the Tampa cover nobody defense year in year out and were wayyyyy too relient on Manning to do everything. All the biggest contracts were in the offensive weapons and the defense was neglected. Even Dwight Freeny and Robert Mathis were just there to go after the QB assuming that every team would need a shoot out to win. The colts were never built for playoff football. The run defense was constantly in the bottom 5 every season. If stats don't matter then surely the 2 Super Bowl runs manning made with poor post season stats don't matter either if you're using that argument. There is no DEFINITE goat in the NFL. More like a top 5-7 tier. Manning is 100% in that group. To Deny that is just being contrarian. I hate the patriots but Tom Brady is definitely in that group too. Despite always having a better defense and coaching staff than manning ever did. The manor in which the pats won those Super Bowl games are testimant to that.

There is truth to the Defence wins championships cliche.

Comment

Originally posted by shacasulu View Post
        Exactly!!!!

This stupid ass logic that STATS>>>>>>>SB RINGS and SB MVP'S completely makes no sense.

Marino over Eli Manning???

Marino over Rodgers?

Marino over Brees?

LOL Thats like arguing Charles Barkley and Karl Malone>>>Kobe Bryant and Lebron James

WTF?????

IDGAF IF ELI IS INCONSISTENT, FACT IS HE GOT 2 SB AND 2 SB MVP'S stomping out the greatest QB of his era.....TWICE

YET SOMEHOW SOME MORON WOULD PUT MARINO OVER ELI BECAUSE OF......STATS???

ROFL

It aint Eli's problem that Marino didnt get the best tools because of inept front office, **** happens.
        Are you really using Eli Manning as your argument? He didn't stomp out Tom Brady, his defense did. Eli's first SB win he was incredibly lucky. He threw up a punt to a triple covered back up WR that somehow got caught, and he had one of the better ball hawking DBs of this era drop an easy interception.

He and Joe Flacco are in the lower top 20's at QB but because they have a SB they will always be praised. Eli was awful this year, just plain pathetic.

Comment

[QUOTE=Golden;14091119]The Colts had the Tampa cover nobody defense year in year out and were wayyyyy too relient on Manning to do everything. All the biggest contracts were in the offensive weapons and the defense was neglected. Even Dwight Freeny and Robert Mathis were just there to go after the QB assuming that every team would need a shoot out to win. The colts were never built for playoff football. The run defense was constantly in the bottom 5 every season. If stats don't matter then surely the 2 Super Bowl runs manning made with poor post season stats don't matter either if you're using that argument. There is no DEFINITE goat in the NFL. More like a top 5-7 tier. Manning is 100% in that group. To Deny that is just being contrarian. I hate the patriots but Tom Brady is definitely in that group too. Despite always having a better defense and coaching staff than manning ever did. The manor in which the pats won those Super Bowl games are testimant to that.

Before the DB rules were changed Manning was very average against those Pats defenses. He could barely put up 14 points if I remember right. They had his number.

As far as I'm concerned Belichick is the greatest coach in the history of any sport and that is why Manning has 1 SB and not at least 2. As great as Tom Brady is that was a wild card that Manning never had.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden View Post
            The Colts had the Tampa cover nobody defense year in year out and were wayyyyy too relient on Manning to do everything. All the biggest contracts were in the offensive weapons and the defense was neglected. Even Dwight Freeny and Robert Mathis were just there to go after the QB assuming that every team would need a shoot out to win. The colts were never built for playoff football. The run defense was constantly in the bottom 5 every season. If stats don't matter then surely the 2 Super Bowl runs manning made with poor post season stats don't matter either if you're using that argument. There is no DEFINITE goat in the NFL. More like a top 5-7 tier. Manning is 100% in that group. To Deny that is just being contrarian. I hate the patriots but Tom Brady is definitely in that group too. Despite always having a better defense and coaching staff than manning ever did. The manor in which the pats won those Super Bowl games are testimant to that.

There is truth to the Defence wins championships cliche.
            I never said stats dont matter what I'm saying is STATS ALONE WITH NO RINGS CANT OVERRIDE A FREAKIN MULTI SUPER BOWL MVP OR A CHAMPIONSHIP.

Thats just ridiculous if anybody thinks STATS ALONE will override championships.

Its not like Eli and Plunkett rode the freakin bench to a championship either, these dudes were the QB so they played a big enough role to win those rings espicially Eli considering he owns the soul of the greatest QB of his era.

Comment

How is he the greatest coach in any sport, that's a ridiculous thing to say.

Comment

He's the greatest regular season quarterback of all time. That has to count for something right?

Comment

Originally posted by shacasulu View Post
                  I never said stats dont matter what I'm saying is STATS ALONE WITH NO RINGS CANT OVERRIDE A FREAKIN MULTI SUPER BOWL MVP OR A CHAMPIONSHIP.

Thats just ridiculous if anybody thinks STATS ALONE will override championships.

Its not like Eli and Plunkett rode the freakin bench to a championship either, these dudes were the QB so they played a big enough role to win those rings espicially Eli considering he owns the soul of the greatest QB of his era.
                  Manning has a ring though and the stats. Would one more do it for you? I'm not saying he's the GOAT, I'm not saying that there even is one IMO. I'm just saying to discount manning from that discussion because he doesn't have more than one ring and completey disregarding the teams he's played on is just silly.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                    Are you really using Eli Manning as your argument? He didn't stomp out Tom Brady, his defense did. Eli's first SB win he was incredibly lucky. He threw up a punt to a triple covered back up WR that somehow got caught, and he had one of the better ball hawking DBs of this era drop an easy interception.

He and Joe Flacco are in the lower top 20's at QB but because they have a SB they will always be praised. Eli was awful this year, just plain pathetic.
                    Dont give me that BS about luck.

Dont also throw this shoulda, coulda, woulda BS.

Eli and the Giants made the big plays while Brady overthrew to Welker and the Patriots choked.

Dont excuse Brady and blame the O line or the defense. It was all of them including Brady that choked.

People also act like Eli had this freakin easy rode to his SB rings, LOL get real!

He took out the 13-3 Favre Packers en route to beat the freakin 18-0 Patriots. In his second ring he took out the 15-1 Rodgers Packers en route to taking out the greatest QB of his era.....AGAIN!

In both his SB's Eli took out the BEST TEAMS IN THE NFL, we gon act like that dont mean anything???

Eli Manning>>>>>>>>>>>Dan Marino

ALL DAY ERRDAY

Comment

You left out his Houdini act b4 throwing the hail mary pass 2 Tynes.

You also left out the picture perfect pass 2 Burress 4 the win.

Come on now...... If your gonna take us down memory lane don't leave out all the details !!! :wank:

Comment

Working...
                      X