Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do people actually think INXS was great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do people actually think INXS was great?

I had a discussion with a young woman at a coffee shop earlier today which ended up veering into the unfamiliar realm of pop music. At some point, she referred to INXS as "one of the great bands" (or some bull**** like that). Do people really think that? My hunch is that some kind of INXS mystique has been constructed out of the untimely death of its lead singer and the cable network reality show a few years back. INXS was an pretty good 80s pop band -- if you like that sort of thing -- but that's about it. Am I in the minority on this?

To wit:

i only like that song from them, thats about it.

Comment

U2 great, no. But they have a few hits and some pretty memorable tunes. Pretty good musicians and their late singer was pretty good.

Comment

LOL no. I remember there was some reality show (rock star?)a few years ago where they were looking for a replacement singer.

The show really tried to push them as some great rock band. 80's Pop band would have been more like it.

Aussieland did have some good pop bands in the 80's, but the one great true rock band that hit it big from there is AC/DC

Comment

They sucked.

Comment

Well I won't consider them one of the great bands in the world but they are certainly one of Australia's great bands.

Comment

Working...
            X