No announcement yet.

New Texas Mile record. 278 mph.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    rofl, jackass alert. that car you're talking about would TOAST a WRX. are they racing on an oil slick? more appropriately are you on drugs? let me smoke the weed you are smoking.

for starters, let me say that i owned a rex from '07 to '12. i loved that car.

you're probably referring to a mustang, correct?

a mustang from those years would smoke me in a roadcourse, straight line, highway, whatever. only on a rally course do i win a race. there's no comparing the response you get on the throttle. WRX make a lot of power, but they don't get there until you're in high rpms. a stock mustang from those years not only had more power, but they'd make all of that power right when you got your foot on the gas.

i'm not a big fan of the modern "muscle car" style sports cars (mustang, charger, etc,) but they are fast as hell if you know how to keep your back wheels from spinning. they will beat a WRX or an EVO with competent drivers as long as it is not snowing.

a corvette is obviously a more expensive car, but it's the definition of a basic, massive 8 cylinder. 6.2 liters. they are freakishly fast, and ride like they are on rails way beyond 100 MPH.

the video features a GT40, which is a bonafide supercar. you really think it handles worse than f#cking WRX? have you ever driven a WRX, or been in or driven a high end sportscar? i've had the privilege of both. like i said, i owned an '03 WRX with the bugeyes. your average car would leave the ground and fly away at 250 mph+
    I never once compared a WRX to a GT40, because I'm not an idiot and I know what I'm talking about.

However, and embarrassingly for you...........

You have just claimed that a Corvette, and I quote "handles on rails way beyond 100mph"

Lol.

Comment

Also, please correct me if I'm wrong, but is it actually true that 99.99% of Americans drive automatics?

I really do hope I'm wrong about that because it would be very sad if that was the case....

Comment

Working...
      X