Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• id like to travel around uk

im planning to visit manchester, uk in my vacation
    So Id like to take some information about good sights and food of uk
    Well im kinda gourmet so id very happy especially if you give me informations about british foods

Nothing worth seeing in Manchester and there isn't much food you can call "British". Save your money and go somewhere else is my advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Paine View Post
      Nothing worth seeing in Manchester and there isn't much food you can call "British". Save your money and go somewhere else is my advice.
      Visit London instead... I'd consider a day trip to manchester to see the stadiums and museams though.

Comment

Slow down and firstly, address each individual nation. Britain is comprised of 3 countries, all very much different to each other. Start off with the standard visiting capitals in each of the home nations. Cardiff is the capital of Wales, Edinburgh in Scotland and London in England.

Might be worth also visiting the Lake/Pete district if you want to enjoy a natural landscape. I'd look into events that are on if you want to experience the real Britain.

Depends on how long you intend on staying over here, could quite easily fill a couple of weeks just venturing around the few countries - even take a ferry over to Ireland.

Comment

English cuisine;

Crumpet
          Apple Pie
          Banoffee Pie
          Jellied eels - London
          Lancashire Hotpot
          Full English - make sure black pudding is on it too.

England's known for it's cheeses too, as well as various ales/stouts/beers. There are more delicacies but they're the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Haggis is a Scottish dish and the only food I can think of outside of England. They have a national drink too, Irn Bru. Scotland's the only place that has a bigger soda drink than coca cola

I'm sure some of the resident Welsh & Scottish posters will help fill in their national identity.

Comment

Dont forget the pie and mash

Comment

Originally posted by THE NAMELESS View Post
              im planning to visit manchester, uk in my vacation
              So Id like to take some information about good sights and food of uk
              Well im kinda gourmet so id very happy especially if you give me informations about british foods
              Lunch at the Ivy is quite an experience and very affordable for such a prestigious place

http://www.the-ivy.co.uk/menus/

Comment

If you are travelling around the UK, be sure to take plenty of train journeys. No better way to take in the nation(s).

Comment

always wear zipped pockets or they will pick-pocket you , last thing you need when your abroad on vacation.Also try Billy Hawthorns burger van , beautiful!!

Comment

Red Hot world Buffet. A Manchester United game, Christmas markets if you are coming during the Christmas period. Try and catch a concert at the MEN. Bit of shopping at the Trafford centre. You can do all that in 2 days, don't bother with London though as it's ****.

Comment

Working...
                    X