Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you went back in time do you think you can beat a roman gladiator in a fist fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] If you went back in time do you think you can beat a roman gladiator in a fist fight?

I say no! Gladiators trained for a living and were givien the best foods. Roman gladiators fought to the death. Boxing, mma won't working on these warriors. Do you agree?

those gladiators wont have an answer for the shoulder roll

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Trigger View Post
      I say no! Gladiators trained for a living and were givien the best foods. Roman gladiators fought to the death. Boxing, mma won't working on these warriors. Do you agree?
      Boxing and mma would work against these guys, same as it would work against anyone else. Physiology hasn't really changed much in the last few thousand years, though modern fighters have a good chance of being physically bigger because of improvements in nutrition. An amateur would have trouble beating these professional fighters in a ruled contest but a good professional who trains full time would have a decent shout at winning.

Take away the rules however and you have a different kettle of limbs.

Comment

I'd hit that roody poo candy ass gladiator with the Rock bottom

then the People's elbow.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          those gladiators wont have an answer for the shoulder roll
          One a gladiator grabs you it's game over!

Comment

The average height of a roman soldier was 5'2"...I would be smashing heads like Hercules. I would bring Nikolai Valuev with me and keep a collar around his neck and armys would break at the sight of him.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
              The average height of a roman soldier was 5'2"...I would be smashing heads like Hercules. I would bring Nikolai Valuev with me and keep a collar around his neck and armys would break at the sight of him.
              Short men can be dangerous fighters!

Comment

I'm pretty sure they were highly trained to fight with swords and use shields for protection, as well as have armor. Take all of that away for a pure fist fight, I think you may have as much of a chance to beat them as you would fight any other physically fit man in the streets. I don't think they were super human. Not that size matters way too much, but it has to account for something, wasn't the average height and size for Roman much smaller than it is now? I think 5' 6" - 5' 7", 140-150lbs was very common. As opposed to now, the average American height is 5' 9" 160-180lbs?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  I'm pretty sure they were highly trained to fight with swords and use shields for protection, as well as have armor. Take all of that away for a pure fist fight, I think you may have as much of a chance to beat them as you would fight any other physically fit man in the streets. I don't think they were super human. Not that size matters way too much, but it has to account for something, wasn't the average height and size for Roman much smaller than it is now? I think 5' 6" - 5' 7", 140-150lbs was very common. As opposed to now, the average American height is 5' 9" 160-180lbs?
                  If I can go back in time, I'd pick the time I saw you in Flair Beverage, drag you outside and teach you a lesson in humility.

Comment

5 foot 6 was roughly a good height for a soldier and an average height for a Roman. I would assume a Gladiator may be taller and bigger since they needed to be athletic and strong to survive.

A Roman soldier would be walking many miles and felling trees etc...

Plus the weight of their equipment most likely made them strong.

I don't know anything on Gladiators but if they were anything like soldiers in terms of athletic build, they would most likely be an Andre Berto type build.

Comment

Working...
                    X