Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This lady at my job reported me to my boss for giving away food.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show us a video of your food and the homeless you help!

Swear down if you filmed your life and put it on YouTube, you could earn a living from it.

Comment

i'd make sure you're extra polite when you meet with your boss.

good luck.

Comment

If you did this without permission then you're basically fucked.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          If you did this without permission then you're basically fucked.

meh. if he's taking stuff that he's going to be throwing in the garbage i seriously doubt he will get fired. he might get a stern warning, etc. if he's straight up taking food that they're using then he'll probably end up in jail in addition to being fired.

if it's the former, the outcome will depend entirely on how he approaches his meeting with his boss, and his boss' previously established attitude toward his actions.

if it's the latter, he might be heading to the bootyhouse. trigg is a little guy to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            meh. if he's taking stuff that he's going to be throwing in the garbage i seriously doubt he will get fired. he might get a stern warning, etc. if he's straight up taking food that they're using then he'll probably end up in jail in addition to being fired.

if it's the former, the outcome will depend entirely on how he approaches his meeting with his boss, and his boss' previously established attitude toward his actions.

if it's the latter, he might be heading to the bootyhouse. trigg is a little guy to boot.
            Stealing garbage is still stealing. There's a right way and a wrong way to approach this, and if I was the employer I would look at the sneaking around as evidence of basic dishonesty. If he wanted to truly do the most good he could suggest donating the leftover food to a soup kitchen and offer to take it there himself.

Don't forget that he's telling us that he's giving food to "homeless people" that he knows. He could just be keeping it himself. He could be selling it. The boss is now going to have to take his word for it that he's acting in good faith, after he was clearly sneaking around and was caught by a coworker.

Comment

Know that God will shine on you for helping others.

Your doing the right thing. Do not let these minds of madness tell you, what you do is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Trigger View Post
                Ok, so I talked to my boss and he's says my heart is in the right place but he wants me to stop boxing up the food to give away. He said that the kitchen lady is a betch and I should stop so she doesn't start any trouble with my department. From now on I will never do her any favors at work. She is now my enemy and I going to tell everyone in town what kind of monster she is.
                Ok, I'll edit my original post:

WOW, Trigg!!!! You are a real HERO!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Lorily; 10-01-2013, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorily View Post
                  You may not understand this, but I doubt they're just throwing out food just for the hell of it (this is a School, right?). They must be throwing it out for a reason, there are strict health code restrictions to foods and what can be passed on to others. Do you think a school just looks at food and says "eeh, just throw it out" - for absolutely no reason? Or they should look at it, deem it unsafe for "regular" folks but okay for the homeless? Passing on food (even to the homeless) that was meant by health codes to be thrown out, is still unsafe and invites lawsuits.

It doesn't seem right that people are starving and food is being thrown away, I agree. But you don't seem to grasp that there are still health issues to passing on food that was meant for the garbage. And, boxing it up and taking it from the premisis (even if YOU have good intentions) could easily be preceived as looking shady.
                  They throw out the food at the end of the day because it is waste food. There's nothing ethically wrong with taking this food and giving it to people who would otherwise go hungry but there is a breach of ethics if you do so clandestinely and without the approval of your bosses.

Comment

Ok, so I talked to my boss and he's says my heart is in the right place but he wants me to stop boxing up the food to give away. He said that the kitchen lady is a betch and I should stop so she doesn't start any trouble with my department. From now on I will never do her any favors at work. She is now my enemy and I going to tell everyone in town what kind of monster she is.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                      Stealing garbage is still stealing. There's a right way and a wrong way to approach this, and if I was the employer I would look at the sneaking around as evidence of basic dishonesty. If he wanted to truly do the most good he could suggest donating the leftover food to a soup kitchen and offer to take it there himself.

Don't forget that he's telling us that he's giving food to "homeless people" that he knows. He could just be keeping it himself. He could be selling it. The boss is now going to have to take his word for it that he's acting in good faith, after he was clearly sneaking around and was caught by a coworker.
                      generally i'd agree with you. if somebody snooped through the waste at the printing company i work with they'd be privy to most of our business. printing is an inherently wasteful process, and for every million labels that are successfully printed, several thousand will be thrown away. printing companies go out of their way to keep the business they do a secret from competitors. you'd know exactly what we were printing if you knew where to look, and what you were looking at. you'd have a lot of information about the company.

this is different. he's a janitor "stealing" unused food from his own company, by the sound of it .

it doesn't appear as though he was "sneaking around." he's a nightime janitor. i'm guessing that he was tasked with throwing the stuff away, and kept it.

stealing a pen is stealing. printing out items for personal use is stealing (most offices will obviously let you do both.)
                      loafing off for five minutes (that should be spent working,) is stealing.

we've all done it. it is not going to get you fired.

there are degrees of infractions at work, and most won't get you fired, especially if you're hard to replace.

his boss will use his / her discretion. if you can determine that he's telling the truth about what he's been taking, and what his intentions are, it's almost certainly not something that will get him fired. the boss will also factor in trigger happy's value to the company / school, his history of discipline within the company, etc.

i'd be shocked if he's fired.

i don't think he's going to be allowed to continue this, though. i wouldn't let him continue to take the thrown away food. what if he give some bad food to a homeless person, and he gets sick? what if homeless people start hanging around the school for the food?

Comment

Working...
                      X