Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you die, the pain is over.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger H:) View Post
      This may sound dumb but what I fear the most about death is all the new technology and great movies that I won't see after I'm dead.

you're a simple man, trigg. nothing wrong with that.

i'm never going to be able to ski when i die. that's going to suck.

Comment

I'm not afraid of death. The only thing I am scared of is leaving loved ones behind.

My favorite quote of all time is by Steve Jobs on death

Comment

I believe when death comes calling most don't even know it.

This might be the best attitude to have in the face of death ...

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
            Enlighten me further on your assumption here. Are you saying we are living in a world of pain and suffering? That living in the now is suffering? Explain

Comment

Originally posted by ted*. View Post
              ****in lip service. Prove it so I won't doubt you.
              I'll think of something...

Originally posted by UserTitleHealer View Post
              death is beautiful.
              fistic, dont be a fool
              I think that is what I am getting at here.

Originally posted by K-DOGG View Post
              I think about what might be after death a bit. Death is our oldest friend and yet many people fear it. I can't say I do at the moment; but it's always been an accepted certainty, so, generally, I just have the attitude: it'll happen when it's going to happen. And just try to soak up as much knowledge as I can between now and then.

I do think, or believe that my consciousness will continue after the vessel I'm in ceases to work. I just hope I'm not wondering around haunting people or my house or something as useless as that. I'd like to think all the secrets of the universe will be there for me to finally understand. If that's not waiting, I don't know what the point is, really.

Of course, there could be nothing after death. If that's the case, all the more important to learn what I can now....cause this is it.

However, physics teaches us energy doesn't dissipate, it changes forms. Maybe my conscious mind will go on, maybe not; but if I'm just gonna be a "haint", as my Granny Davis used to call ghosts....I'm gonna find a good girl's locker room to hang out in or something mildly entertaining.
              Good stuff...

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
              I'm just hoping for a quick death anywhere from age 67 and up. Hopefully all of this working out pays off in that department. Have an athletic death instead of the fat, lazy, obese, slow and painful death that comes in the form of stroke, than heart attack, heart disease, pills, pills and more pills. Best case scenario: I can still walk, talk, see and hear just fine, maybe even still jogging slowly at age 70 or older, and bam!! I collapse and am dead just like that.

Better than being on your death bed, slowly dying each day while someone is wiping your ass.
              I have a similar mentality.

Originally posted by Uturn View Post
              I'm not afraid of death. The only thing I am scared of is leaving loved ones behind.

My favorite quote of all time is by Steve Jobs on death

Nice quote. Thanks for sharing.

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
              I believe when death comes calling most don't even know it.

This might be the best attitude to have in the face of death ...

I like it brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                i agree..............

Comment

I've become impartial to death recently but as it comes nearer I'll definitely begin to fear it.

Being conscious is something I rather enjoy but that might change as different circumstances take take hold. I don't know, it's hard to say.

But at the end of the day, we came from nothing and we're all going back to nothing. Not to mention it's not like I'll be able to dwell on losing everything I know because I'll be dead.

Comment

Good thread...

Know thy mortality.
                    I believe if people lived their life reflecting on their mortality, that possibly they would make better decisions. Decisions that would grant them a large smile on their death bed. But I fear most people just look to the here and now and base decisions solely on emotions and finances.
                    Live your life to the fullest no?

“To fear death, gentlemen, is no other than to think oneself wise when one is not, to think one knows what one does not know. No one knows whether death may not be the greatest of all blessings for a man, yet men fear it as if they knew that it is the greatest of evils.”
                    -SOCRATES

Comment

My only fear of death is coming back reincarnated

Comment

Working...
                      X