Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How good would George North be in the NFL?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
    A village team would beat the US cricket team in a test match.

Again the US national team are constantly humiliated in Rugby and football.

Basically any game that requires skill you lot suck ass at.

But i agree, the steroids come in handy for your Olympic team NFL and NBA.
    If you came the US and actually lived here for about a month even, you'd probably realize most anyone older than 12 doesn't really take time or care much about soccer (football), and hardly anyone cares about Rugby.

Who really cares though??? I don't know why the brits always have to act like there's some level of superiority that you guys have over Americans, as if anyone over here gives a s**t.

Why can't we all just get along homie? Our countries are now allies after all, it's been over 200 years since the revolution. I think it's time to bury the hatchet man.
    Last edited by 4Corners; 08-11-2013, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      If you came the US and actually lived here for about a month even, you'd probably realize most anyone older than 12 doesn't really take time or care much about soccer (football), and hardly anyone cares about Rugby.

Who really cares though??? I don't know why the brits always have to act like there's some level of superiority that you guys have over Americans, as if anyone over here gives a s**t.

Why can't we all just get along homie?
      I think you will find a lot of Americans care about football. With the influx of Mexicans and other nationalities, football will soon be the new king in the US. What will your excuse be then?.

And as for Rugby, well it is quite clearly a real mans NFL.

Comment

6 foot 4, 240 lbs.
        Kind of a "tweener".

He'd have to gain about 15-20 pounds.

Just how the NFL works.

Comment

I think you will find a lot of Americans care about football. With the influx of Mexicans and other nationalities, football will soon be the new king in the US. What will your excuse be then?.

Well I think most NFL players at a skill position have 100 times the skill of a rugby player, but it's two different sports. If we played rugby, we'd probably be pretty good. If your country dropped rugby and played American football, you'd probably compete.

Until Soccer becomes a major sport in the US and not an after thought, I'll continue to say this country doesn't give a damn about soccer. We've had Mexicans for a long time, I find it funny people act like the US having Mexicans is some new thing.

Comment

Soccer will never be the king of the USA. NFL ****s on rugby.

Comment

On a side note, why does England act like some soccer juggernaut.....you guys haven't won the world cup since like the 60's if I remember correctly, and it's one of your main sports. What's the deal?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                Soccer will never be the king of the USA. NFL ****s on rugby.
                Even though your average American doesn't care about soccer whatsoever, aren't we getting a little better on the national level anyway??? I don't follow soccer but I see some highlights on ESPN every now and again.

Comment

major media outlets have been pushing soccer / footie here since '94 (world cup, i think.) they've spent millions on it.

it will never catch on like it has over there. soccer is seen as a game for children in the states. middle class kids play it until they hit their teens, and then they move on to other sports if they've got a shred of talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                    How big is he? How fast can he run the 40? How many times can he throw up 225lbs?
                    I'm reading North can run the 40m in 4.95 seconds, the 100m in 11.1 seconds.

How important is the weights? didn't see any stats on that but I read Manu Tuilagi reckons he can max bench(?) 418lbs and put 315lbs up 28 times, is that good?

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                      Kind of a "tweener".

He'd have to gain about 15-20 pounds.

Just how the NFL works.
                      He runs a 40 meter dash (43 yards) in 4.5 seconds.

Did you see how easily he picked up 200 lb Folau?. I estimate he could bench press a Transit van.

Comment

Working...
                      X