Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How good would George North be in the NFL?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WarriorSoul View Post
    He's the size of an average American football kicker/punter, he would get smashed even by a safety.

I didn't see any flash of speed on those highlights. Running backs would run circles around him.

But he would probably do ok in high school football.
    He's bigger than kickers/punters. I said i didn't care the nfl part of this thread but lets not get ******ed now.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorSoul View Post
      He's the size of an average American football kicker/punter, he would get smashed even by a safety.

I didn't see any flash of speed on those highlights. Running backs would run circles around him.

But he would probably do ok in high school football.
      He could play tight end.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        because it isn't. burner is like nine years old and clueless. pay him zero mind.

a scott talking about athleticism, rofl.
        If you're being serious and having a stab at Barnburner I'll put you right mate.

I'm not patriotic and I'm in awe of the USA as a nation, so I think I'm fairly objective.

North and Tuilagi are specimens who would tear it up in any contact sport. 4Corners was right when he said British rugby players would succeed in NFL and vice versa. Stats aren't as important in rugby; the ones we consider to be the best have incredible skill, like Brian O'Driscoll and James O'Connor (my favourite player - look him up).

To argue that the USA produces superior specimens is wrong. You're descended from us! We won far more golds per capita. The sports you play aren't given a **** about in anywhere with a population near yours. The USA have produced some great athletes - Sugar Ray, Bo Jackson, Carl Lewis, Michael Jordan. The only argument you could make that would carry any weight is the slavery argument. They say its physical demands bred a certain gene pool which has lent itself to sports.

Comment

Are we really talking about someone 6'4 240 that runs a 4.9 40 playing in the NFL? Maybe as a punter. Best he could hope for is being in a highlight after getting trucked by a running back.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
            He could play tight end.
            This is an NFL tight end:

6'6, 265, runs a 4.6 40.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Are we really talking about someone 6'4 240 that runs a 4.9 40 playing in the NFL? Maybe as a punter. Best he could hope for is being in a highlight after getting trucked by a running back.
              In general rugby players cant compete with Nfl players in raw athleticism.

Whats incredible about North is he's able to have all the tactical and technical skills and endurance needed for Rugby, while also being very big and fast.

George North virtually never makes a bad decision on the Rugby pitch. Which in a sport which requires ALL of its players to make decisions on the fly all the time is pretty incredible, and its what makes him the player he is imo. He has to play defence and offence, pass the ball, run with it, be agile, fast, have endurance, understand offensive and defensive patterns, be able to adapt those patterns to the situation infront of him etc etc etc ... Its like when we compare Boxers to MMA fighters. NFL players are like boxers, super super elite in their specific area (i mean jesus you have different people to punt and kick field goals??) but a Rugby player needs to be able to do so many more different things, meaning they will be lesser in every individual area.

Simples.

Comment

Having said that I have no doubt if North had grown up in America he would have found himself a position on the AF pitch and been pretty ****ing amazing at it. Probably not as amazing as he is as Rugby though

Comment

6'6, 265, runs a 4.6 40.
                  Now train him play 80 minutes at high intensity and see if he can still run that time?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    more gold medals than any other nation by a huge stretch.

ww2. the revolution.
                    WW2 as won by the Soviets and the revolution was won by the French. How many times?

basically everything.
                    Not Vietnam though. Or the War of 1812.

Comment

6'6, 265, runs a 4.6 40.
                      Oh wow, he's really fast at running a distance that only yanks actually bother to measure! 40 yards is the average distance from the McDonalds to the SUV, that's why you ****s are so obsessed with that distance.

Comment

Working...
                      X