Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official "Moto X" Thread (Design The Phone YourSelf)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official "Moto X" Thread (Design The Phone YourSelf)

U.S.A. Carriers: Sprint, Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile, AT&T, U.S. Cellular.
    Price: 16GB variant $199 w/2 year contract (32GB variant available online)

The "Moto Maker" will be exclusive to at&t (at first). Every carrier will get a black & white variant. Wooden variants coming later this year.

Motorola "Moto X"

Specs

Display: 4.7" AMOLED (RGB) / HD 720p
    Battery: 2200 mAh. Mixed usage up to 24
    Rear Camera: 10MP CLEAR PIXEL (RGBC) / LED Flash / 1080p video (30fps)
    Front Camera: 2MP 1080p HD video
    Operating System: Android 4.2.2
    RAM: 2GB
    Storage: 16 GB standard, 32 GB version available online. 2 years 50GB storage free on Google Drive
    Bluetooth: 4.0 LE + EDR
    Wi-Fi: WiFi 802.11a/g/b/n/ac (dual band capable), mobile hotspot
    Bands: GSM/GPRS/EDGE UMTS/HSPA + up to 42 Mbps
    CDMA/EVDO Rev. A (CDMA model only) 4G - LTE

View Full Specs & More Info Here
    http://www.motorola.com/us/consumers...,en_US,pg.html

Hands On - by The Verge

Last edited by Toy Story 3; 08-08-2013, 01:03 PM.

Hands On - by talkandroid

Moto X Features: Explained! - by Marques Brownlee (MKBHD)

Comment

Moto X: Always Ready - by Motorola

Moto X: Motomaker - by Motorola

Comment

Wood Variants - by pocketnowvideo

Wood Variants - by AndroidCentral

Comment

Moto Maker: Hands on - by talkandroid

Comment

Moto X: Hands On Review - by The Verge

Comment

I like how you can customize the phone yourself and the voice controls. Wicked stuff, the display is a disappointment as well as the price.

$200 on contract is too much imo. S IV, One, iPhone 5 are all in that price range.

Motorola took a right step but the execution was poor. They probably would of nailed it of it was cheaper by a little more and promote it's features which other flagship devices don't have.

Moto X is going to get killed by the new Nexus.

Comment

Originally posted by San Iker View Post
                I like how you can customize the phone yourself and the voice controls. Wicked stuff, the display is a disappointment as well as the price.

$200 on contract is too much imo. S IV, One, iPhone 5 are all in that price range.

Motorola took a right step but the execution was poor. They probably would of nailed it of it was cheaper by a little more and promote it's features which other flagship devices don't have.

Moto X is going to get killed by the new Nexus.
                I don't think the Moto X is aimed at Android enthusiast (nerds) or people who want that super high end spec'd out device. The Nexus line is aimed at enthusiast, it's not a phone that appeals to mass market. Which is why Google doesn't promote it heavily nor make much money from it if any at all.

I also would of liked to have seen a 1080p HD display if not, at least LCD over Amoled but it's whatever. I understand what they're saying. The "average consumer" wouldn't know the difference anyway unless they saw a full HD display next to 720p.

At first I was confused on why they priced it so high when it has mid-range specs but the more I got to know their concept & what they're trying to do here I understand why a little more. This is a direct competition not towards other Android phones but vs. the iPhone type of consumers. People who just want a device that works well. Software & hardware optimization/integration. What can the phone actually do on a day to day basis, not what it can do theoretically. This is why I don't care for benchmarks, quadrant scores, etc. It's right around the price point of a 16GB iPhone which also does NOT have the high ended specs like the GS4, HTC One, etc. It's a great idea Motorola has here, it's just gonna all depend on how they market this thing. So far I don't think it's been the best start. The U.K. isn't getting this at all. WTF?

Google Now is a great service. It's not exactly new since it's been around Android since Jelly Bean 4.1 but I like the way Motorola integrated Google Now with the Moto X. It's a way to get people to utilize it a lot more. It reminds me of the iPhone 4s and when they came out with "Siri". They used Siri to market/promote the 4s. This is similar with the voice activation (Google Now) + the customizing your own phone thing.

At first I didn't like the fact the "Moto Maker" is exclusive to only at&t consumers but I look at it like this, maybe they want to test this thing out first to see how it goes and see how consumers actually use it before making it available to the rest of the carriers.

I read that T-Mobile will NOT be selling the Moto X in stores. You will have to get it through Motorola's website and activate it through T-Mobile.
                Last edited by Toy Story 3; 08-05-2013, 02:05 PM.

Comment

The build quality/design looks damn sexy on this phone. I love it. I really like how the notifications work too. I can see it being useful for me. I mean LED light is nice but it doesn't tell me much but I have a notification. Different colors could tell me different things, whatever. But this new notifications thing on the Moto X actually seems better. Is it actually better? I don't know, but I wanna play with this device when it comes out.

Comment

I hear the performance & battery life is excellent on the Moto X. Hopefully it costs around $300-350 when it comes to the Google Play Store later this year.

Comment

Working...
                    X