Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official "Moto X" Thread (Design The Phone YourSelf)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BimmerBenz95 View Post
    I hear the performance & battery life is excellent on the Moto X. Hopefully it costs around $300-350 when it comes to the Google Play Store later this year.
    I doubt it. It's not a Google device, it's a Motorola flagship. The full off contract price for the 16GB variant @ Best Buy is $699.99 so I don't imagine the Google play edition to be any cheaper. It doesn't really look or sound like (from videos/articles) that Google had much impact on this phone. They inspired it, gave a nod here & there, but other than that let Motorola do their thing. Believe me, I wanted this so bad to be a kind of "Nexus ish" experience. Unlocked Boot Loader, price range around Nexus 4, straight updates from Google, the whole 9.....But it's NOT. We'll see how this plays for Motorola. I like their concept but I'm not entirely sure how the mass market will receive it or react to it.

Comment

Moto X Review: an Android for the average Joe - by pocketnowvideo

Comment

Moto X Walkthrough - by SlashGear

Comment

Sucks that at&t got the exclusively on the color options..

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Doomzday View Post
            Sucks that at&t got the exclusively on the color options..
            And pretty dumb. I feel that way about all carrier exclusive devices. But like I mentioned maybe this is just a way for them to "test it out" to see how consumers use it, if it's a big hit or not, etc.

Comment

Moto X Review - by Android Authority

Comment

Originally posted by Thank Me Later View Post
                And pretty dumb. I feel that way about all carrier exclusive devices. But like I mentioned maybe this is just a way for them to "test it out" to see how consumers use it, if it's a big hit or not, etc.
                To me that's the biggest selling point of that phone. Even over its notification system and its flick camera feature.

I'd love to chose my trim, front face and back plate colors.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Doomzday View Post
                  To me that's the biggest selling point of that phone. Even over its notification system and its flick camera feature.

I'd love to chose my trim, front face and back plate colors.
                  Dude I feel you. I would so love to customize my own phone too. Have your own engraving as well. It's dumb on Motorola's part. I get mixed messages with their concept & it's getting to be confusing at times. It's like they want this to be the new "it phone" the way Samsung established their series with the Galaxy S3/S4. But on the other hand it seems that Motorola is unsure if they want to push it. Not making it available in the U.K. Moto Maker exclusive to at&t, over pricing (though I understand why), etc.

They want to aim this for mass market aka (average consumers). They expressed that this is the future for Motorola, Droid series are a side thing. I feel the way they integrated Google Now with this phone is a game changer. It seems to be more of their selling point over anything else. I feel if Moto Maker wasn't exclusive to at&t, they can promote this thing to be really big!

Comment

Moto X Review - by booredatwork

Camera Battle: Moto X vs. Nokia Lumia 1020 - by booredatwork

Comment

Originally posted by Thank Me Later View Post
                      I doubt it. It's not a Google device, it's a Motorola flagship. The full off contract price for the 16GB variant @ Best Buy is $699.99 so I don't imagine the Google play edition to be any cheaper. It doesn't really look or sound like (from videos/articles) that Google had much impact on this phone. They inspired it, gave a nod here & there, but other than that let Motorola do their thing. Believe me, I wanted this so bad to be a kind of "Nexus ish" experience. Unlocked Boot Loader, price range around Nexus 4, straight updates from Google, the whole 9.....But it's NOT. We'll see how this plays for Motorola. I like their concept but I'm not entirely sure how the mass market will receive it or react to it.
                      You might be right but Motorola is a Google company so there is a chance it could cost $300-400. The Moto X doesn't have the high end specs like the GS4 or HTC One which costs $599 and $649 in the Google Play Store, so I don't see how they can price the Moto X that high.

Comment

Working...
                      X