Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung caught doping S4 benchmarks!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] Samsung caught doping S4 benchmarks!

“Tipped off by a report from hacker in Luxembourg that accused Samsung of increasing the clock speed of its Android-based Galaxy S 4 specifically, and only, when running certain benchmarks, AnandTech investigated and confirmed that it is indeed cheating to win in performance tests, by design,” Daniel Eran Dilger reports for AppleInsider.

“Digging into files in the software that controls the chip’s frequency, AnandTech discovered ‘what appeared to be hard coded profiles/exceptions for certain applications,’ including the text string ‘BenchmarkBooster,’” Dilger reports. “The file directly revealed custom Samsung support for changing how the Galaxy S 4 works when running specific benchmarks.”

Dilger reports, “Further, the site discovered ‘there are strings for Fusion3 (the Snapdragon 600 + MDM9x15 combo) and Adonis (the codename for Exynos 5 Octa),’ indicating that Samsung isn’t just cheating on benchmarks for one of its processors; it’s part of the company’s culture.”

Read more in the full article here.

MacDailyNews Take: Wait, cheating is part of Samsung’s culture? NFW! (dripping sarcasm)

That's sad...all my appliances and electronics at home are Samsung, except the cell phones and computers. Those are from Apple.

If this is true, then the people at Samsung are just pathetic!

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
      That's sad...all my appliances and electronics at home are Samsung, except the cell phones and computers. Those are from Apple.

If this is true, then the people at Samsung are just pathetic!
      Bendito

Comment

my phone is on steroids?!?!

****ing awesome

Comment

My s4 never lags, and is by far the best phone I have ever had... This is a non issue to me.

Comment

A 'hacker'

Was he a ghost called Steve Jobs?

My S4 is the best phone I have ever had. People with I Phone 5's are so jealous of me.

Comment

My phone is on that A side meth!

Bullets be bouncing off this thing.

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
                My phone is on that A side meth!

Bullets be bouncing off this thing.

Floyd ducking my phone

Comment

I guarantee that Apple does it also, and have. Nvidia used to do it with Graphic Benchmarks etc.

They all do it. It is just who gets caught at the time. Here is a link where Apple got caught the first time. Yes it is 10 years old, which proves they are the pioneers of cheating

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2003/06...cheating_over/

Comment

If you ain't cheating.

You ain't trying.

Comment

Working...
                    X