Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minimum Wage Hours Needed To Afford A Two Bedroom Apartment Per State

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Native San Franciscans can't afford to pay their rent, thus a bunch of white people moving to the city for it's style aka "hipster" scene. Crazy..

Comment

i remember when minimum wage was $4.10

Comment

Is minimum wage designed to be the minimal pay to sustain a reasonable living situation?

My interpretation is it's the minimum amount to pay a teenager, working at McDonalds for example or for a job as a secondary household income.

There's millions of jobs out there that don't require any skill, education, or experience that pay (lots) more than minimum wage.

The steel mills by me have hired kids outta high school working in coke ovens for $18/hour.

There's no reason why anybody can't do better than a minimum wage job, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
          For a two bedroom apartment in Manhattan two minimum wage employees would have to work all day and sell drugs all night.
          I went to PA and saw a 3 FLOOR house (bathroom and kitchen in each floor) that is a 3rd of my rent. Something is wrong with our damn state.

Comment

Originally posted by derranged View Post
            for a two bedroom apartment in manhattan two minimum wage employees would have to work all day and sell drugs all night.
            lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              I don't live in Manhattan and I'm not gay.

For your Glasgow flat, does that tranny contribute to the rent or does he/she pay you with butthole pleasures?
              LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Random_Boxer View Post
                Thats excatly the problem. People with minimum wage shouldnt be having children.
                Thank you...but I'll take it from here.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                  Native San Franciscans can't afford to pay their rent, thus a bunch of white people moving to the city for it's style aka "hipster" scene. Crazy..
                  i got a bunch of hipster college friends that live in san fran now for that very reason. they got the dumb, fake glasses and skinny jeans to boot.

they pay 3 grand a month or more for studio apartments, and complain on facebook about how poor they are.

on the other hand, i own my own home in a suburb for a fraction of that each month.

i'm the guy who will retire @ 45. they'll be renting until they move out of san francisco in five years, and they'll start from scratch in whatever city they choose to settle.

Comment

Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
                    Is minimum wage designed to be the minimal pay to sustain a reasonable living situation?

My interpretation is it's the minimum amount to pay a teenager, working at McDonalds for example or for a job as a secondary household income.

There's millions of jobs out there that don't require any skill, education, or experience that pay (lots) more than minimum wage.

The steel mills by me have hired kids outta high school working in coke ovens for $18/hour.

There's no reason why anybody can't do better than a minimum wage job, IMO.

unfortunately that is not the case. long term, adult minumum wage earners are much more common than that.

when i was in college (approx five years ago,) and i doubt this has changed since, the majority of all fast food workers were adult women. the phenomenon is pervasive in poor areas of major cities, and rural states in the south and midwest.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                      Both misleading and dishonest propaganda. 88 hours per week in Texas translates into $2,764.67, which (minus deductions) you claim is the amount of money necessary to "afford a two bedroom apartment in Texas." [Citation needed]

Minimum wage workers account for 4.7 percent of hourly paid workers in 2012, for starters, so less than 1 in 20. The couple and a child that would require a two bedroom apartment in the first place would qualify for a vast assortment of government benefits if both parents were earning minimum wage (which would be a rarity in itself.)

Now show me a city in Texas where you can't find a 2 bedroom apartment for $1,000 or less and you just might redeem yourself for this nonsense.

Comment

Working...
                      X